Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

DEMO Stockport Friday 5th July!?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just had this message from Nol van Schaik, co-founder of the Dutch Experience cannabis cafes – concerning Colin Davies’ re-arrest on Monday, released by the court on Tuesday, re-arrested before he could leave the court and is now remanded until Friday.

Look’s like Friday 5th July 2002 will be Funday in Stockport, please read on. Anyone going?

Colin Davies back to Strangeways prison after hell day in Court.

Stockport/Haarlem, 3 July 2002.

Colin Davies was arrested last Monday, July 1, for being in his flat, for a good reason, he was just injected with a strong painkiller, that unable him to travel to his exile destination, Todmorden.

[Colin is on Police bail pending his court case in September, concerning his activities in setting-up the UK first cannabis café, The Dutch Experience, Stockport.]

He had some cannabis about, of course, to be able to serve the 100+ patients that rely on him to supply them with their medicine, all of them suffering from serious sickness or constant pain, like himself.

[Colin has TWICE been found not guilty on charges of possession with intent to supply cannabis, by juries, on medical grounds)

He was not allowed in or near his home, according to strange bail restrictions, activated on the day of his release from remand, May 17 2002.

He was re-released on bail, for breaking bail conditions, the statements of Colin’s parents and the doctor that injected him in the hospital, were taken into consideration by the Magistrates, who decided to release Colin on the same bail restrictions.

Instead of being able to walk out a free man again, he was arrested in the Courthouse, and locked up again, this time accused with possessing cannabis in his flat.

Two protesters were also arrested by the 20 odd police in riot gear, one of them, a woman on crutches, was slammed against the wall in the process, for standing up for her husband, who was arrested, for criminal damage: he was leaning against a police van…

The protesters and a Dutch friend of Colin’s, who was arrested during the raid on Colin’s flat on Monday, were all released after being bailed.

Colin was tucked away in one of the cells of the Stockport Police Station, the GMP even told Chris Hinett, Colin’s solicitor, they could lock him up next to Colin, if he kept on ‘harassing’ the Police, when he protested about the second arrest for the same case.

Colin asked for his doctor today 3rd July), or for the doctor that treated him last Sunday, but the hospital doctor told the police that the shot from Sunday would do the job today (Wednesday)!!

Eventually, a doctor was called in from Preston, who gave Colin another shot to make him able to cope with the pain, so he could be taken to the Courtroom.

Colin Davies has been remanded in Strangeways again, for the possession of cannabis.

His appearance today, in Stockport Magistrates Court, was an outrageous display of misuse of power, as they appeared to drag Colin into the courtroom, whilst kicking and pushing him in the accused-box.
This caused uproar in the courtroom, Colin’s sister and parents were in tears, and begged to release Colin, who was not able to walk by himself, and was crying from pain.

At least ten people witnessed how Colin was manhandled, who they accuse of simulative behaviour, hard to believe from a man who’s spine is broken in 5 places.

The available police in riot gear was all over the courthouse, to try and maintain the order, as protesters were shouting outside the Magistrates court, demanding Colin’s release.

One of the protesters went to the Police, to file a complaint against the way Colin was treated in the box, but he can only do so, after Colin officially filed a complaint.

Colin will be taken to Strangeways prison now, probably the hospital-wing, and will return to the Stockport Court on Friday, to apply for bail again.

His visit to Court will surely be accompanied by a major protest on Colin’s behalf. MANCHESTER MAGISTRATES COURT is on CROWN SQUARE, just off DEANSGATE, Manchester, and the hearing is set for 2.40pm.

Somebody will probably arrange transport from the Dutch Experience, Stockport Village, Hooper St., Stockport at about 1.30pm and I'd expect the protest to start at about 2.00 pm.

Crown Square is a natural amphitheatre for a protest and is also MUCH closer to both BBC and Granada TV studios than Stockport Magistrates.

Further, all-day, fun-filled demonstrations are planned in and around Stockport on Saturday 6th July - all departing & returning to the Dutch Experience via various routes!

It is hard to believe that the UK can go about with people like Colin as they do, for cannabis, a substance that will be considered acceptable by Law soon.

As the UK is switching to a more realistic and relaxed approach towards cannabis and its users, and we are just one week away from the effective declassification of cannabis, Colin is being picked on by the authorities as never before.

The authorities are way out of line with the upcoming reclassification, and even more out of line in how they go about with sick suspects, especially for a non-offensive crime without any victims.

The press is completely focussed on the Lambeth experiment, but they have to realise that the battle for the right to buy and smoke cannabis, is going on in Stockport, and there seem to be no rules involved.

The authorities are trying to get even with a man that has dared to resist them, by making his life into a hell, just because they can’t accept that the Dutch Experience, Colin’s initiative, is still open every day, and the activism around the place is ongoing and getting stronger.

Colin Davies is the only victim in this ongoing confrontation; unless the authorities can point me another one…

The UK government should call of their bloodhounds now, the hunting season for cannabis=users is about to be closed, in the entire country.

This link will be ketp up to date with news, as I get it!

http://www.whspliff.net/DEColinNotFree.html

:mad:

Comments

• Options
    Unlawfully Arrested = Unlawfully Detained

Colin's legal team will argue in court on Friday that the Stockport Police UNLAWFULLY ARRESTED him after the Magistrates had released him for breaching his bail conditions.

They will further argue that he is therefore been UNLAWFULLY DETAINED in Strangeways Prison at this very moment.

Any journalists who want further details, please PM me here.

On 3rd July The Prime Minister was asked in questions to comment on the prosecution in Scotland of a medicinal user who grew her own cannabis to alleviate MS symptoms.

He stated that he understood that individuals may take that route but that he must wait until the results of the research going on into the subject.

In the meantime he made it clear that any prosecutions would not be a matter for the government but for the authorities.

He paused and added that he sincerely hoped that cases such as these would be dealt with in a sympathetic manner and that full consideration of the circumstances should take place before any action was taken.

SO WHY ISN’T COLIN??????

Fax your MP today!

HERE:

http://www.faxyourmp.com/

I quoted the above and asked;

Can you please find out why Colin Davies, a medical user, twice cleared by jury, was arrested on Monday 1st July, released by the court the next day, only to be re-arrested prior to leaving the court in Stockport, Greater Manchester and is now remanded until Friday 5th July!

I so need to know why, against the government wishes, Greater Manchester Police have acted this way – leading to breech of human rights and waste of taxpayers money.

Yours sincerely,
  • Options
    Just found this link, although Faxing is best - but if you don't feel safe giving your address, check to see if your MP has an e-mail address, HOWEVER put something in your e-mail to show you are local!

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/alms.htm

:D
  • Options
    i'll be in stockport on saturday as i have a scholl reunion there.
    born in stocky. so if any of you are there i'm the big bald one with a goatee and posh shoes.
    the law of the land is surely being breached in a serious manner at the moment. how can a police force in one town be alowed to experiment with the law by way of cautions but in another town your nicked ? n.wales police nick you for the smallest amounts while in brixton you dont get nicked. if i get nicked on saturday in stockport i'm gonna tell the magistrate i aquired it in brixton where personal use is currently non arrestable so how come crossing a local boundry means i have efectively crossed a legal boundary..british law does not operate like this . it is surely ilegal to operate the law like this. yes i know they can arrest you if they so wish in brixton but the stated situation is they wont arrest you.
    surely the situation is one of perverting the course of justice in some sense when police and courts start to interpret and act upon the law of the land as they see fit in different towns across the land.
    are we now in a situation where lancashire can decriminalize dope but cheshire make it a prisonable offence.
  • Options
    WHspliff you and your cafe crew are the dogs bollocks, the man is doing a strech behind bars because he is effectively fighting the fight on all of our behalves, I think we should all take note of this folks, whislt we sit at home moaning about the law, these guys are getting off their arses and putting themselves on the line to get things done, much respect.

Is their anyway of contacting this bloke spliffy ? Has he e mail or an address or something ? I would love to pass on my thoughts to him :)
  • Options
    Latest from Nol:

COLIN to be realeased soon ?
    His bail is approved, but there is some kind of appeal now ??

the prosecutor has appealled against Colins release, they will keep him in over the weekend, the appeal is probably on monday or tuesday !!
    So full steam ahead for demos starting from noon ‘til about 6pm – all ‘round-trip’ marches, starting and ending at;
    The Dutch Experience, Stockport Village, Hooper St., Stockport, Manchester

:mad:
  • Options
    if anyones interestested i'll be there between 2 and 3 pm at the cafe on saturday.