Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Somebody tell me...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...that I should dye my hair ginger.

paramore.jpg

Like this, except a bit of a richer colour, I think.

I don't want to post a photo of what my hair naturally is, and what it's like now, because of that other site pulling our threads, but it's naturally sort of like this (on the left)Christina-Ricci-first-virtual-hair-style-light-brown.jpgand at the moment it's like this. britney-spears-wavy-hair-330x464.jpg There's a photo of me in the photo thread at the moment though.

Do you think I should? I'm so bored of being blonde.
But it's quite damaged at the moment, as it wouldn't need bleach to go ginger, it should get less damaged and dry?

And while I'm at it, does anyone have any good sorts of hair masky replenishy things?

Comments

• Options
    You should dye your hair ginger :)
  • Options
    Do more of a red, like the chick in this one (second row and last image), http://bellefantaisie.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/hair.png
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Do more of a red, like the chick in this one (second row and last image), http://bellefantaisie.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/hair.png

That is what I really want to do, it's just my school get a bit funny about hair dye, so I thought something a bit less vibrant might be better (I can't afford for them to make me strip it.) I should have done what I wanted at the start of the summer really.
  • Options
    Ginger women = win
  • Options
    my friend dyed her hair ginger and i was skeptical but it looked awesome! she had to have hers bleached before though it was browny blonde? it fades very fast though xx
  • Options
    You should do it, then post a picture with the results.
  • Options
    I've had a bit of an accident. I chose this colour as it's basically a redder version of my natural colour, but it's turned out almost black, and I left it on for a bit less than it said to. No pictures, I don't really want any looking like this. What can I doooooo? I just want it lighter, even mouse brown would be better than this. I've shampood it lots and lots, and it's got some moisturising mask in. Why am I such a stupid?
  • Options
    Cover your head in a thick layer of Head and Shoulders and leave for as long as possible. That tends to help fade colour. Make sure you use a conditioning mask as the Head and Shoulders can make your hair feel dry.
  • Options
    I've washed and washed it, and rubbed hot olive oil in, and it's gone a lovely auburny colour. It's not what I was expecting, but it'll do. Fingers crossed, tomorrow I'm going to cut it like lgst3316+catherine-zeta-jones-chicago-poster.jpg

I have school tomorrow afternoon, so I'm quite keen to get it sorted out.
  • Options
    Got a pic?
  • Options
    would love to see. Bet it looks great
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    I've had a bit of an accident. I chose this colour as it's basically a redder version of my natural colour, but it's turned out almost black, and I left it on for a bit less than it said to. No pictures, I don't really want any looking like this. What can I doooooo? I just want it lighter, even mouse brown would be better than this. I've shampood it lots and lots, and it's got some moisturising mask in. Why am I such a stupid?

Whenever I dye my hair with schwarzkopf (when I've dyed it red/purple) it goes really dark until after the first few washes when it lightens up to the same sort of er... lightness.. it was before I dyed it :)
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    That is what I really want to do, it's just my school get a bit funny about hair dye, so I thought something a bit less vibrant might be better (I can't afford for them to make me strip it.) I should have done what I wanted at the start of the summer really.

you wouldn't need to strip it. go for a warm red/brown and they won't notice. if they do say its all naturel!

As for hair masks, how much are you willing to spend?
  • Options
    i like treseme's hair masks as they always leave my hair lush, plus it is 3 for £10 atm, so you can have the shampoo, conditioner and mask lol (thats what i done the other day :) )