Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ahh geez

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just pissed off a good friend of mine, i dont think he's gona talk to me ever again. I feel that he's over reacting, but maybe im wrong

we joke a lot about sex and things, but lately its been bugging me. He constantly makes out ill sleep with anyone or that i have slept with someone.

I said earlier that i must have given him the wrong impression of me, and i signed off. He then sent me a text saying im easily wound up and he knows im not like that, so i replied saying "well can you give it a rest? its pissin me off that you keep makin out that im sum slag, dont mind it for a laugh but considering you get stroppy over being called a player conversation is getting pretty irritating. that and i will go psycho on you". he sent a reply back saying "ill not boter at all then if your feelin that way" so i said "fine, sorry i said anything. you should take a page from your own book and try taking things with a pinch of salt" and his reply was "nope that was a truthful response"

I havent replied since, but im feeling pretty crap about it. perhaps i should have gone about telling him in a different way. I've tried to drop hints before but i guess men dont pick up on that sort of thing easily. :(

Comments

• Options
    Hey redlucy :wave:

Sounds like you and your friend got in to a bit of a heated argument. Have you thought about giving him a call? Having text conversations can sometimes stops you from hearing the tone in someone's voice or really being sure where they're coming from.

If you want to forgive and forget and remain friends then maybe give it a day or two and just let him know you'd like to forget about it and move on?

Even if the comments were meant in a jokey way, if they've started to upset you then you have every right to ask him to stop and it's ok to be quite straight up about that.

I hope you can work things out, have you been friends for a long time? This article on surviving rows between friends might give you some useful insights too. If your friendship is strong then this is something that you will be able to put behind you. All the best, let us know how you get on :)
  • Options
    i sent him an apology the next day, and said i didnt mean to be harsh, and he was chatting to me like normal but its gotten me down quite a bit so im not exactly talkative.

He's made me feel even worse though, i didnt know what he was laughing at so i asked him, but he said he thought i was gona jump down his throat and that i interrogated him. I'm not like that, its making me want to talk to him even less. I dont feel i can even tell him its bugging me as it will just make it worse. I just seem to be giving him the wrong impression of me completely. :banghead: