Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help, please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I shall try and cut my story short.

I've been at college for a year now and for the last few months I've realised I quite like this guy whose become a good friend.

I first met him last september when I started drama and got to know him more as the year went on. He's become really good friends with most of my friends and he's just such a great guy.

I was a bit worried that over the summer I wouldn't hear from him, despite the fact he doesn't live that far away from me.

I've texted him a bit and he's replied - just a little later then I thought he would.

I've asked a few of my friends on what to do and they all say I should do different things which has left me a little confused to be quite honest.

So all I want to know is shall I risk everything and ask him out?

Or what should I do?

:confused:

:crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Are you a guy? Are you gay? Is he gay? Make sure of that first,... somehow. Not good with those things.

If you are a girl, yea just ask him out. nothing ventured nothing gained. Just be casual and don't be expecting the world and you'd be fine whatever's the outcome.
  • Options
    I'm presumming your female, no offence if your not, if so, try dropping subtle hints that you do like him, if he gets them (i've been an idiot and missed these) and likes you he should pluck up the balls to ask you out and if its the reverse then he'll try and put a bit of distance between you thus saving you the embrassment of a rejection

As a guy, i personally wouldn't mind being asked out by a girl if i liked them, if not then i would be a bit unsure on how to let them down but all the same i have no problem with it, but i know alot of guys that would be freaked out by that situation and freeze up and ruin it with the girl if they did like them
  • Options
    I'm a girl for a start :impissed:
    But thanks for the advice.
    I shall give it a go and let you know how it goes.

• Options
    good luck :)
  • Options
    Boys are dumb, so the chances are you're going to either have to drop less-than-subtle hints or come out straight and ask him. Do you suspect he likes you? If you're not sure, then maybe asking him straight out might be a bit full-on.

To be honest, I wasn't sure that people "asked each other out" any more. What's wrong the ol' tried and tested method of spending weeks circling round each other, eventually getting really drunk and making with the awkward fumbles, then presuming you're together? :D
  • Options
    Boys are dumb, so the chances are you're going to either have to drop less-than-subtle hints

What's wrong the ol' tried and tested method of spending weeks circling round each other, eventually getting really drunk and making with the awkward fumbles, then presuming you're together? :D

I think i am living proof for the first bit :)

and Cpt, thats exactly what my mates been like for the past 2 out of 2 relationships he's had (he now thinks he's got more experience than me because he's a dick :p)
  • Options
    Boys are dumb, so the chances are you're going to either have to drop less-than-subtle hints or come out straight and ask him. Do you suspect he likes you? If you're not sure, then maybe asking him straight out might be a bit full-on.

:yes: Definitely agree. You may have to make it a bit more obvious, even though it may feel embarrassing - in my experience hints and subtlety really don't tend to work on guys. Sometimes, even offering a guy a late-night slightly drunken rendez-vous on a beach while wearing your hottest outfit doesn't work ;)
  • Options
    I'm gonna echo what's already been said. Blokes don't do subtle.