Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TheSite blocked by Vodafone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I tried to access TheSite (vbulletin.thesite.org) from my phone, but it was blocked by Vodafone. Apparently I needed to contact them to de-restrict my access, after proving I was over 18.

Are TheSite aware of this? Surely this defeats the whole point of a site for young people!

Very annoying.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I tried to access TheSite (vbulletin.thesite.org) from my phone, but it was blocked by Vodafone. Apparently I needed to contact them to de-restrict my access, after proving I was over 18.

Are TheSite aware of this? Surely this defeats the whole point of a site for young people!

Very annoying.

I have this issue on their dongle but with google!!! Apparently there is a content control block automatically placed and you have to prove via a card that you purchase credit etc...to show you're over 18!
  • Options
    It happens on loades of phones actually even my Fathers x
  • Options
    It's always really interesting to hear what different experiences people have of using TheSite on their mobiles and it's something we're looking to scope out and posibly develop further in the future.. perhaps by asking you guys for more feedback about what network you're on and what browser you use. As well as that, what areas of the Site are easier to use on a mobile than others?

Interesting to hear about the over 18 restrictions too. Do let us know if you have any more feedback and keep an eye out for more on this in the future :thumb:
  • Options
    Vodaphone make you also pay £1 to remove the restriction. I left them instantly when I found that out. Even though it's only £1.
  • Options
    I got mine refunded, I think the charge is made to the card as to allow your address to be verified.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    I got mine refunded, I think the charge is made to the card as to allow your address to be verified.

It appears you're posting again?
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    It appears you're posting again?

but it says it's closed x
  • Options
    **Annie** wrote: »
    but it says it's closed x

Im back albeit very briefly.

Least I have kept the same username, to avoid annoying and confusing people :)
  • Options
    its a standard safeguard to prevent the kiddiewinks from accessing things they shouldn't. just ring your network and ask them to remove it. all it takes is the removal of a pre-provisioned product on the sim card. i know, i work for orange
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    Im back albeit very briefly.

Least I have kept the same username, to avoid annoying and confusing people :)

Oh hi, you used to be one of the members and why are you only briefly hear?
    I don't know you anyway x