Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my friend's cancer has come back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and i'm really rubbish at showing my care and keeping decent conversation :s

she's had to cancel her year long trip to australia with her long distance boyfriend, can anyone suggest something i can do to try keep her positive since she has noone near her to provide good support apart from me and her little sister

i'm thinking just make more effort to see her more regulary

it should be treatable so i'm expecting her not to die, but there's always that risk, just showing a good friend you care for them, sometimes it justs feels hard

Comments

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :( It's always hard to know what the best thing to do is and what someone needs from you at a time like this.

Spending more time with her and making the effort to do that sounds like a really good start. Maybe suggesting you go to hospital appointments with her if she'd like you to or meet her afterward? When you're going through a rough time having good friends around is so important, not only for distraction and to keep busy and make plans but to know that you can just have a cry if you want to or call them whenever you need to.

It sounds like you're really keen to be there for her and she will really appreciate that, you're being a good friend already. Making yourself available and saying you're there if she needs to talk at anytime will help too.

This article on the bbc website
    gives some good practical advice and also info on looking after yourself as well.

*hug*
  • Options
    *hug* *hug*

i hope she gets better soon.

keep doing what you're doing, helping her in every way possible.

:angel:

it's ashame she had to cancel her trip to australia, that would ghave been wonderfull.

always wanted to go there myself, but couldn't stand the long flight

:no: