Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Down Below

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is kinda gross, but ever since i had quite a bit of sex two days ago its really itchy and sore down below and there is alot of white stuff down there. What is it and is there anything i can buy to clear it up?

Comments

• Options
    Could be a number of things. Have a look at the FAQ at the top of the sex forum & also get an appointment with your doctor & tell them what its like & they will be able to help. They deal with things like this everyday.

*remember not to say what she thinks it could be as she will get told off*
  • Options
    sounds like thrush to me. canestan should clear it up, and wear cotton knickers and skirts to keep the area cool, or go commando for a couple of days
  • Options
    Yup, that's what i'd say it was, and so would tweety, i think! Go to the doctor anyways, you're supposed to the first time you get it to have it diagnosed. Dont' worry, if it is thrush, it's uncomfortable, but that's about it - easy and quick to clear up, no long term effects.
  • Options
    plus your boyfriend will need to be treated too otherwise youll just keep getting it again.
  • Options
    I brought some canesten cream ealier, hopefully it will do the trick!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    Yup, that's what i'd say it was, and so would tweety, i think!

Erm yes, just didnt want to say as we arent supposed to diagnose people on here as they don't like it. Fair point i guess. But hey thats life.:D
  • Options
    Even if you think it is thrush (candida), if it's the first time it's happened then you should speak to your doctor.

Anti-thrush cream will not clear it up if the source of infection is high inside the vagina - a vaginal tablet or pessary is needed. Also please remember that the cream is for external use only.
  • Options
    could be a yeast infection that was infamed by the sex. my doctor had told me i had a yeast infection and to treat it...but i ignored her advice because it wasnt that bad and i didnt have much money. bad idea. after sex, it got really really painful.

and not to scare you, but herpes is a possibility also.