Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bless 'em :p

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Haha! As I was walking to the train station today, I saw this group of little school kids... They were walking along the road, and everytime they saw a yellow number plate they hit the person next to them and go "yellow number plate!" You know, like the yellow cars game?

I didn't have the heart to tell them, that half the number plates are yellow :lol: It didn't half make me giggle :p
Xx

Comments

• Options
    Awww, indeed bless their little cotton sox :-) As long as they were hitting playfully, then it's cool.
  • Options
    aww!

we did it with yellow cars too and minis and royal mail vans...

did anyone do this? i dont know what they are but it's a small square yellow sign usually stuck on walls with the capital H on it. then a number in the space above and a number in the space below. we called it 'higher or lower' because that's what we asked, then we punched the other person on the shoulder the number of times on either the high part or the low part. errr yeah
  • Options
    no, I didn't play this.
  • Options
    aww!

we did it with yellow cars too and minis and royal mail vans...

did anyone do this? i dont know what they are but it's a small square yellow sign usually stuck on walls with the capital H on it. then a number in the space above and a number in the space below. we called it 'higher or lower' because that's what we asked, then we punched the other person on the shoulder the number of times on either the high part or the low part. errr yeah

Yellow "H" hydrant signs indicate the location of the hydrants, and are similar to the blue signs in Finland. Mounted on a small post or nearby wall etc, the two numbers indicate the size of the water main (top number) and the distance from the sign (lower number).

Credit to Wikipedia for the above :D

I remember playing a game on car journeys, where whenever you saw an ambulance you had to say "Hold your collar, never swallow, til you see a dog"....and then you had to hold your collar and not swallow until you saw one! :)
  • Options
    super147 wrote: »
    Yellow "H" hydrant signs indicate the location of the hydrants, and are similar to the blue signs in Finland. Mounted on a small post or nearby wall etc, the two numbers indicate the size of the water main (top number) and the distance from the sign (lower number).

Credit to Wikipedia for the above :D

I remember playing a game on car journeys, where whenever you saw an ambulance you had to say "Hold your collar, never swallow, til you see a dog"....and then you had to hold your collar and not swallow until you saw one! :)

haha that's the bugger, thankyou!

that game sounds difficult.... :nervous:
  • Options
    On car journeys, we used to make words out of the letters of the license plates we went past. The word had to use every letter and in the order it appeared. If challenged, we had to use the word in a sentance to prove that it existed and that we knew what it meant.