Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Skin Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

I've had a skin problem for ages now, used to suffer from acne and was quite prone to picking, even now i still have little moments where i scratch.

However since iv gotten better iv noticed i seem to have some sort of skin irritation, mostly on my arms and face so i wonder if it is just acne in some milder form.

I keep getting small itchy lumps on my skin, sometimes they go away but they itch so bad iv had to bandage up my arms at times so i cant scratch them, its almost like iv been bitten by an insect, sometimes if im really unlucky I get ones that are huge solid lumps and eventualy the skin around it seems to destroy itself, scab over and become infected even though im really careful to avoid touching it. For example i have one on my arm that has scarred and i havent even touched it. It will only ever be one lump on its own, never a group. Could I be allergic to something or is there maybe something I should avoid in my diet?

Comments

• Options
    It could be what you wash your clothes with. Maybe see a doctor, i'm sure they'll help with whatever it is.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Sure it's not impetigo?
    I have this at the moment and it's fucking horrible.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hi Redlucy,

Thanks for your post. Sound's like the skin problem you have is quite irritating and sore - as has been suggested, it really is something that a Doctor should advise you on - it may be something as simple as an allergic reaction, which should be fairly easy to resolve.

You could also try talking to NHS Direct, but it's likely they will direct you to a GP or walk-in centre too.

You asked about diet too - here is a list of foods that are said to be good for your skin. You may want to try introducing one or two into your diet, after you have okeyed it with your GP?

Hope you feel better soon - :)