Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

????????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

My ex told me tonight that she thinks she fancies this guy at work and he is the nicest guy she has ever met and if she had to be with one of us she would be with him and she thinks she likes him in that way. I asked if she has any vcouply feelings for me and she refuses to answer and says it doesn't matter anymore.

It really really hurts that she wont give me a straight answer to anything. Why is she going so nuts over this guy so soon after she dumped me and why the fuck does she say she thinks she likes him in that way you either know or you don't

I never ever thought it would hurt this much, I cant see the pain easing and I can't see a way out of all this. Several people have told me to totally cut contact but she wasn't just my lover she was my best friend.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? How do you cope?

AnnMarie

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: ????????
    Originally posted by AnnMarie
    Why is she going so nuts over this guy so soon after she dumped me and why the fuck does she say she thinks she likes him in that way you either know or you don't

Er, disagree with that bit. I was going through confusion not long ago. All sorted now though. :D

If she isn't giving you a straight answer and seems to fancy this guy maybe you should focus more on your friendship. Sounds like she's trying to make you jealous or is trying to give you a hint that she doesn't like you that way anymore.

It takes time to ease pain. It's hard at first but gradually fades a little.

I've not been in this situation before so I can't really help there and my advice is probably bollocks so I'd wait for some better replies if I were you. :)