Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pill question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay so, I know you take them for 21 days... but it's the 7 days off bit I don't get. Say the start of the 7 days was the 18th, I wouldn't take a pill on the 18th to the 24th... but then I would take one on the 25th?

I'm really confused. Because the clinic lady said I'd always start a new pack on the same day... which means that I wouldn't start taking the pill again till the 26th?

Help anyone?

Xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    By the same day, she meant the same day of the week. Pill months are 28 days, calendar months obv vary from 28 to 31, so your cycles won't always be on the same dates.

So say if you started taking them on a Monday, for three full weeks you'd take one, then the fourth Monday would be the start of your pill-free week, and the fifth Monday you'd start up again. Make sense?
    Oh okay, so you don't take them on the fourth monday, but then you do take them on the fifth monday? So it's monday to sunday pill free?
    Xx
    Yep. The fourth Monday would be the first day without, then the fifth would be the first day back on. You take the whole of one week off.
    Thanks Kaff :) It really confused me!
    Xx
This discussion has been closed.