Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Coil Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dont know if this belongs in sex?...

Anyway in August 09 I had the coil fitted and havent had a period since (I am not complaining!) but the past two/three weeks my breasts have been so sore and painful like I am about to come onto my period.

I think I might be coming on (spotting some brownish period like stuff just now) and was wondering if this is normal or could there be something wrong? I have been having sex with someone but VERY doubtful I am pregnant.

I dont have a Dr. in this town yet and am planning on signing up to one; I thought I would just ask here for now as I was curious.

I was mostly worried if the coil might have harmed me as a couple of weeks ago I felt sharp pains where it is inside of me on and off for a week or so and some cramping. Any suggestions for now? Or am I just over thinking this?

Comments

• Options
    what type of coil is it?
  • Options
    i've had very few periods whilst on the mirena coil, do sometimes get sore breasts/cramping and the odd month i'll randomly get a light period. Not popped a sprog yet and i've had the coil in... 2 1/2 years now...wow, halfway through!