Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hospital treatment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was wondering what people's treatment has been like if they've needed to go to hospital for any mental health-related issue. I have been recently and felt extremely unconfortable. they were so shitty with me.

what has been your experience?

Comments

• Options
    only ever as an out-patient at a day centre place. i wasn't an in-patient and haven't been to a and e for that stuff, if that's what you mean?

but yeah, the centre i go to is good. i felt uncomfortable at first and slightly threatened, then i realised there was nothing to be afraid of.

as far as the staff are concerned, they are usual always nice and supportive.

concerning your experience: how were they shitty with you?
    it sounds like they may have discriminated against in some way..?
  • Options
    my sister got hospitalised a few times and they were pretty much there just to put you out of an emergency help situation. like, counselling everyday. she was bored out of her wits and they had to force feed her.
    but that's just where i am.
  • Options
    sorry, what i meant was A&E experiences!
  • Options
    Hi brunettebarbie

Check out the site on what should happen. You are entitled to a good standard of care at A and E, no matter what has happened to you.

How are you doing now? Are you getting the support you need?

Let us know
  • Options
    Sorry! forgot to do the link - try here
  • Options
    cat_treats wrote: »
    Hi brunettebarbie

Check out the site on what should happen. You are entitled to a good standard of care at A and E, no matter what has happened to you.

How are you doing now? Are you getting the support you need?

Let us know

thanks for the link. the video was interesting. I'm ok, surviving...i get support outside of hospital. I hate going to A&E as they make me feel as if i've done something wrong. :crying:
  • Options
    I've been to A&E quite a number of times for mental health stuff, and ive never had a bad experience. My last time was for the psychosis, so i don't remember much except being convinced the receptionist was in league with immigration, so uhhh yeh.

I did get shitty treatment when i went with a physical injury (horrible sciatica) where they basically dismissed my pain.

I've been an inpatient once for an OD, they wern't horrible, but just... clinical i guess, not friendly, and the psych team didn't seem to care if i was sucicidal or not :/

so..hmmm... mixed i guess.