Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

reading into nothing, once again?

Yeah so it was my friends birthday today and she was depressed because all her friends have exams to revise for so I spent the day with her, anyway when I got home on facebook I saw all her birthday wishes and she basically said "thanks" to all but mine where she said..

"aha *hugs tight*
ty for today ♥
you really made my b-day, ly (:"

idk if im reading into nothing or if theres a little something there..

:( im useless lol
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends what you're reading into it.

"I really value the time you spent, and consider you to be a very good friend" - Probably

"I want to sleep with you" - probably not.
  • Options
    moonlift wrote: »
    Yeah so it was my friends birthday today and she was depressed because all her friends have exams to revise for so I spent the day with her, anyway when I got home on facebook I saw all her birthday wishes and she basically said "thanks" to all but mine where she said..

"aha *hugs tight*
    ty for today ♥
    you really made my b-day, ly (:"

idk if im reading into nothing or if theres a little something there..

:( im useless lol

Take it for face value.
  • Options
    well, love you used to mean something when I was wee. Seems it is pretty much thrown around nowadays.

Tell you what you should do. If this is a sign of her, it seems she is not afraid to show you affection. Keep it cool and act friendly, if she is serious about it you will know it soon enough, because she will let you know.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    well, love you used to mean something when I was wee. Seems it is pretty much thrown around nowadays.

Tell you what you should do. If this is a sign of her, it seems she is not afraid to show you affection. Keep it cool and act friendly, if she is serious about it you will know it soon enough, because she will let you know.

Ahh okay will do :)
  • Options
    You sound like good friends.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    You sound like good friends.

i thought this too, but she seems to send <3's often, idk if thats just friendly banter but in my eyes a <3 means summit..who knows. :/
  • Options
    It seems like friendly banter to me.
  • Options
    i thought this too, but she seems to send <3's often, idk if thats just friendly banter but in my eyes a <3 means summit..who knows. :/

well, <3's doesn't really mean anything to me. It is just overused for everything that's not particularly bad.

Like I said, just relax and see if she was just being friendly or if she comes forth again. If yes, talk to her about it, or take the easy route: Get drunk, make out.
  • Options

Its important to make the distinction between "I love you" and "I'm in love with you".
  • Options
    she prob. just love you like a sister. unless you WANT it to be more
  • Options
    I have many female friends that sign off a comment with ly <3

It means nothing these days. Especially as 'ly' if she had wanted to put that she properly loved you she would have at least written 'love you' or 'I love you'/'ILY'

I've rambled and over used the words love you!

Basically it's a friend being grateful for you being there. Nothing more.
  • Options
    Award wrote: »
    I have many female friends that sign off a comment with ly <3

It means nothing these days. Especially as 'ly' if she had wanted to put that she properly loved you she would have at least written 'love you' or 'I love you'/'ILY'

I've rambled and over used the words love you!

Basically it's a friend being grateful for you being there. Nothing more.

exactly :)
  • Options
    Yeah i want more :(

yeh shes said "Ily" a few times too

doesnt make a difference though just saying :P
  • Options
    anything i can do to sorta get further OUT the friendzone n more into the BF possibility section :P?
  • Options
    Just be yourself, if you start making crazed amounts of effort and you are not being yourself, then things will fail.

Also, if you are that good a friend, she genuinely might not want to ruin it.
  • Options
    anything i can do to sorta get further OUT the friendzone n more into the BF possibility section :P?

Make yourself rare, what I told you. See if she comes forth. No black magic you can cast I am afraid.
  • Options
    Like I said, just relax and see if she was just being friendly or if she comes forth again. If yes, talk to her about it, or take the easy route: Get drunk, make out.

This. :yes: