Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ERM... Think it's a lump...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, so the other day when I went for my shower I was taking my bra off and I thought I felt a lump in my breast. I'm only 19 so I haven't really cheaked my breasts before so could you please tell me what i'm meant to feel for? And at 19 am I too young to have any harmful lumps? I'm probably worrying for nothing but I would like some kinda response on this because I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    If you find anything in your boobs that you're not sure was there before or you're a bit worried about, I'd always get it checked. 99% of the time it'll be nothing at all, or something easily fixed, especially at your age, but why go through any worry when the doctor can tell you pretty quickly that it's nothing to be concerned about? And then if there is something wrong, even something minor, you're in the right place to sort it out :)
  • Options
    Hi Natalie Kaye:wave:,

As Kaff said it is probably nothing to worry about but it is best too get it checked out with your G.P. I have added you some information on Womens health for you too have a look at.

Keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

B:wave:
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses. I told my best friend and she said go to the Dr's but I don't really want to cause I have been so much this past year (depression. self harm blah blah blah). Plus he always flirts with me, my mum and my gran so don't really want him to touch my boob lol.

Plus I don't know if this has anything to do with the lump I found but after I have had sex and my boob has been touched (or more) my nipple really hurts and that has only just started happening for the past six/seven months. Am I reading too much into this? Is this a symptom or not?
  • Options
    My boobs turn lumpy and painful just before each period. They have done all my adult life. Do you think the lump and the pain could be connected to your monthly cycle?
  • Options
    Request to se a female doctor instead, im sure thet'd arrange it if you explain you're worried about seeing a man. I probably would be
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Request to se a female doctor instead, im sure thet'd arrange it if you explain you're worried about seeing a man. I probably would be

:yes: You can do that. And remember - they've seen it all before.

I had a lump when I was younger and it was a cyst.
  • Options
    You can always ask to see a female doctor, its pretty common that women do.
  • Options
    My boobs turn lumpy and painful just before each period. They have done all my adult life. Do you think the lump and the pain could be connected to your monthly cycle?

To be honest i'm not to sure atm because i'm on the injection so I don't have any periods now and there is only one dr at the surgery that I go to.
  • Options
    To be honest i'm not to sure atm because i'm on the injection so I don't have any periods now and there is only one dr at the surgery that I go to.

Defo see a doc then, just to be on the safe side. But try not to worry too much, as there are plenty of benign reasons for lumps and bumps.

If you don't want to see your own doctor, see if there are any NHS "Walk-in Centres" in your area. As the name suggests, you don't have to have an appointment, you can just walk in. If there is, see the receptionist and explain the problem and that you want to see a female doctor. There may not be one on duty, but there is sure to be another day and you could go back if necessary. You will have to give your own doctor's details, but they will understand your reluctance to have your breasts examined by a male doctor.