Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ADD testing, what to expect?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had pretty bad concentration troubles since i got depression 3/4 years ago. Lately it's been worse, and I have an appointment with the ADD/ADHD/ dyslexia etc team at my college, because I heard they can screen for it, to see if its anything more than just the depression, and to see if I can learn some techniques/ get some support even if it isn't. Does anyone have any idea what I can expect?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Evenstar,

It's good to hear that your college is doing someting to support you with your concentration problems. By doing these tests is sound's like the possibility of ADD / ADHD can explored. This page Thesite has may be of some use to you. Or you coud also try calling the ADDISS helpline? (020 8952 2800)

Let us know how you get on, :)
  • Options
    I think the intake/testing is different depending on the doctor's practice. For my 9 year old's diagnosis with add and adhd, my 6 year old's evaluation and my own diagnoses it involved evaluations filled out by teachers, parents or spouse. They then scored the evaluations and made the diagnosis from there.
  • Options
    hey amandablak :wave: this thread is from over a year ago so I'm going to close it now but feel free to start a new thread on the topic if you'd like to.

:)