Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

OCD or Depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
1. I have to sleep on the right side of the bed because thats where i slept when i moved into my house, i feel that if i dont and i sleep on the other side then some thing will happen.

2. I have to say to my boyfriend drive carfully because i think the first time i dont say it he will crash.

3. The cheese has to be cut in a straight line because other wise it will bug me all night.

4. I never eat off a buffet because i feel every 1 will be staring and saying god look how much she has.

What ever it is, its driving me crazy!! so any advice will be a great help

Thanx

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like neither to me. We all have little 'fads' :) I can't seem to sleep unless im on the left of the bed. Maybe we should get a bed ;)

I always, and most of us do, say 'Drive carefully' etc when partners, friends, family are going on a journey.

Don't have a cheese related fad, but i like cheese :D

As for the buffet, well i think the vast majority think they way you do. That's why we throw the plate away and have another go and if anyone says anything about me having more i just blame my evil twin from a parallel universe :D

Without wishing to sound dismissive of something that's obviously affecting your life, you worry too much, just like me. I'm a worrier through and through. Not so much pessimistic, just worry about things that could happen but probably won't.
  • Options
    thank you =]

You are right i am a worrier and i worry about silly things maybe its just they way i am..what started my worry about my 'fads' was my friend making a comment about what i do then i thought about ti and worried about it ha.

Well i feel better now =] thank you xx
  • Options
    I've had OCD for years, it would take me until Christmas to type all of the things that I 'have to do' else something bad will happen. It can run in families; both my parents have it (mum alot worse) and my sister has tendancies as well. It drives me crazy at times but I've learnt to live with it- some people though have some really bad fads like having to keep returning to their house when they've locked the door and checking it- then bashing themselves against it 5 times and things like that, thankfully I don't have anything really noticeable like that!

I think your thing about sleeping on the right side is completely normal tbh! And saying 'drive carefully'- again I think this is pretty normal. The cheese thing could be that perhaps you're a bit of a perfectionist? And the buffet thing- I always hate eating from buffets as well as I think that people are not just looking at the amounts I take but also the food itself- I'm a picky eater and eat little meat and sometimes people must think I'm odd when they see what I pile on my plate- but as Rubberskin said I think this again is a normal thing that people tend to concern themselves over. Just try not to worry so much- you are who you are and should be happy with that :)
  • Options
    Well i feel better now

Hurrah :D
  • Options
    thanx guys =] this site helps alot x