Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨


Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was in a joint tenancy and one person refused to pay rent one month, making me cover it.

Anyway, the other flatmate said that I should take what's left of the deposit (not that it even really covers much), but the agency said the other guy has to give permission too, to release the payment.

I am not in contact with the other guy as he ran off (long story), but have also not heard off the agency. I assume that he hasn't gotten in touch with the agency with an answer?

Is there any way in which I can get this sorted quicker? It has been two months.

I did Email the agency, but they haven't got back.


  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there.

    Sometimes things go wrong with people that we live with.

    I am not sure what your rights are exactly in this situation. It does seem hard to recover your money as your friend is not contactable and you have not heard from the agency.

    Is there any other way you can contact your friend? Maybe by email or through a mutual friend?

    You could try talking to the agency again to confirm if he has contacted them. Maybe you could explain the situation again and how you are finding it hard to contact him.

    If all discussions fail it might be a good idea to get some legal advice. You could initially try a Citizen's Advice Bureau or a local law centre. You could also look at the Community Legal Advice website which has a search facility to help you find a legal advisor near you.

    Hope things work out for you.

Sign In or Register to comment.