Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tights on a night out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going out on my best mates hen party tomorrow night. We have a (surprise) limo booked for an hour then we are having cocktails and a nice meal in a posh restaurant and then going out drinking afterwards.

I've got a dress which is mainly a deepish blue with bits of black. It's got short sleeves and I will prob wear a long black cardi over it rather than a jacket. The dress is really quite short and due to it's length and my hate of my legs I would feel more comfortable wearing tights. I have convinced myself that I will look like a grandma though! Is it ok to wear tights for this sort of thing? I was thinking black but if anyone has any better ideas please let me know.

Comments

• Options
    I would wear black tights. It's the fashion now anyway isn't it?

Wear what you feel comfortable in, you'll have a better night like that.
  • Options
    I'd say tights are good.
  • Options
    I always wear tights to go out, but thats mostly cause i live in scotland and if i didn't id get frostbite
  • Options
    If you'll feel more comfortable, then of course wear them! Although it's nice and warm atm so I personally wouldn't.
  • Options
    I'll be wearing tights on a night out next month. I've seen some nude ones with little hearts on them that I love. They are cheap in New Look and Primark.
  • Options
    Yes i think black tights would be fine, if they make you feel comfortable in the dress then you will have a much more relaxed night.
    Personally if i find if a dress or skirt is on the short side then tights give me a little more confidence.
    Now its warmer i doubt i would wear them in the day but for an evening yes :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm definately gonna wear tights now :thumb:
  • Options
    Just to throw in a guy's perspective, nothing wrong with a girl wearing tights if the weather or their preference dictates it :)

You won't look like a granny unless you take your zimmer frame and start handing out mints for people to suck :D
  • Options
    super147 wrote: »
    Just to throw in a guy's perspective, nothing wrong with a girl wearing tights if the weather or their preference dictates it :)

You won't look like a granny unless you take your zimmer frame and start handing out mints for people to suck :D
    :D
  • Options
    If you're not comfortable with tights, try leggings? I wear them with dresses all the time
    EDIT just looked a bit closer. whoops, to late!
  • Options
    I agree leggings can look great under a dress or a short skirt, i have a pair on today under a denim mini its so hot today though i might go bare legs for the first time this year :D