Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What pill are you on?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on Dianette, and it's the worst thing ever. Seriously, it gives me constant headaches and pain down there.

So I have one month left, and then I want to change it.. so I'd like to know what pills you'd recommend and have used :)

Oh, and I'm not really interested in how good it is as a contraceptive, I'm mostly after regular periods and no pain, if that makes any difference :p

Thanks xo

Comments

• Options
    Ovranette, pretty happy with it, i did gain a little weight when i first went on it but not much, and i've lost it all anyway, no real side effects. Regular as clockwork and i only get minor cramps that aren't anything really, but it all depends on you as a person, have a wee chat with your GP or whoever is prescribing it and see what they recommend, because just cause ive had an easy time on it, doesn't mean you will, but its worth a shot
  • Options
    Loestrin 24. It gives you a 4 day break instead of the normal 7 and is supposed to lighten and shorten your periods. I get maybe 4 light ones a year on it!! :thumb: On other pills they have always been very very long (10 days or more) and heavy. Never had any cramps, headaches or any side effects. I'd reccomend it to everybody :p

Unfortunatly I am switching pills next month as it has gotten a bit too pricey for me now :( Probably microgestin as that appears to be the generic form of it.
  • Options
    im on yasmin - have been for the past.. 4 years or so now.
    Personally, i dont seem to have any side effects from it - and thats not just cuz ive been taking it for so long, i had none when i started as well - and generally quite a good pill!
    cant say that ive had any experience with any others tho to compare, but would definately recommend it.
  • Options
    microgynon 30.

went straight onto the next packet to hold off my period because it's exams. yet it is still kinda happening. sorry for being gross but damn you body.
  • Options
    microgynon 30.

went straight onto the next packet to hold off my period because it's exams. yet it is still kinda happening. sorry for being gross but damn you body.

My friend's on that.. She said it gave her a 3 week period :yuck: I think I'll avoid that one, haha..

I think I'm going to ask for Yasmin, since I've read about it before too
  • Options
    it's always been fine with me :) just this time when i try and stave off my period by going straight to the next packet.
  • Options
    it's always been fine with me :) just this time when i try and stave off my period by going straight to the next packet.

I was on Microgynon 30 and it was fine. And when I came off it I didn't have a period for like 5 months! And have only had one in the last 8 months. Ah well :p
  • Options
    haha i have that to look forward to! eventualllyyy :p
  • Options
    Cerazette - works for me and no periods! But since I now have no use for it I'm probably going to come off it after my trip to africa and give my body a break from the hormones. :(
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Cerazette - works for me and no periods! But since I now have no use for it I'm probably going to come off it after my trip to africa and give my body a break from the hormones. :(

I'm on cerazette also. i love it so much, no periods/cramps/anything. The only thing is when i come off it, will my periods return to normal, but i do get 'twinges' .. kinda small cramps if i forget to take it for a day or two (not in a relationship so it doesn't matter) so i think i'll be ok.
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I'm on cerazette also. i love it so much, no periods/cramps/anything. The only thing is when i come off it, will my periods return to normal, but i do get 'twinges' .. kinda small cramps if i forget to take it for a day or two (not in a relationship so it doesn't matter) so i think i'll be ok.

I have been on microgynon and another combined one that I can't remember the name of. Microgynon did wonders for my skin but it gave me chest pains. Still don't know why because the docs couldn't find anything wrong. And the next one worked ok for about 6 months but then it just made me crazy hungry all the time and I started putting on weight. So then I changed to cerazette since i didn't seem to be reacting to all the extra oestrogen very well and it's been fine and absolutely no periods!
  • Options
    I'm on Ovarette. Is anyone else on it? It's crap.
  • Options
    I was on Mycrogynin 30 (sp?) for years and made me feel like crap, changed to the implant...makes me feel like crap :banghead:
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    I'm on Ovarette. Is anyone else on it? It's crap.

If you think its crap go to the drs and tell them, im on it and its perfect for me, but your hormones that are present naturally are going to be different, so if you hate it, tell your drs and they can do something about it, it might take a couple of tries to find the right one for you, but its better than being on something that makes you feel shit
  • Options
    I'm on Dianette which I find fine. Previously I have been on Marvelon which was also good for me.
  • Options
    microgynon 30.

Whenever I've tried this I've just had the period anyway, it's never stopped it coming.
  • Options
    i'm on microgynon 30 and have been for ummmm 7 years now. eek. thats quite a long time!
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Whenever I've tried this I've just had the period anyway, it's never stopped it coming.

Ha, see I now have the opposite problem and have had 1 period in 8 months since coming off it!

Just shows how drugs really do affect people in totally different ways.