Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please help....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I havn't been on here in a while but I have realised i'm struggling and need some advice...sorry its going to be a long one

My gran has just been to visit and that is usually stressful in itself but on this visit she decided to clean my little sisters room. My sister thinks she can take anything of anyones and it's ok. So when gran put all of the stuff that she found in my sisters room that didn't belong to her and brought it to my parents - it was not a pretty site. My dad threw the stuff around the room and stormed off in the car - my mum cried and shouted at me because there was no one else to shout at. then my gran came down and asked what all the fuss was about; but my sister had taken dads laptop and dvds and stuff without asking.

Today I thought it had all died down but mum went in my sisters room and was finding stuff that shouldnt have been in there. Mum gets angry and shouts around the house - it was only me and her in so i got the abuse.

I dont really know how to handle the fact that my family is always cross or grumpy and it feels like i'm the one they are taking it out on. Ive never been one to stand up for myself so i just take it - but i dont know how to make them stop??

can anyone help me?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sorry but, why did your gran even do that?

My mum shouts at me sometimes too over my brother, normally I just tell her I don't want an argument and go make tea or offer to do some chores.

Maybe you could try calming your mum down? Try not to let the shouting get to you, you've done nothing wrong. Just try and sympathise with how stressed out your mum is, and try and be helpful :)

Good luck xo
  • Options
    tell your mum that its not you doing the stealing and to go shout at your sister instead of you, she's the one that deserves all the hassle of that not you
  • Options
    My gran thinks she was doing a favour and my sister has problems and lashes out when shes shouted at...it causes me bad than good :(