Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No sex drive-for 2.5 years- please read!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I noticed a topic on thesite.org already, that had some similarities to this one, sex drive-and hangovers

for 2.5 years, I have had little to no sex drive.
I have repeatedly had my bloodwork checked, for testosterone levels, estrogen levels, cortisol, prolactin...etc, you name it, its been tested, and repeatedly all hormones are always in normal range.

I have been from general practictioners, to endocrinologists, to urologists, to sex therapists, to hypnotherapist...and no one can give me a reason why this is.

And believe me, I swear to all of you, this situation is not "all in my head". And i am not gay. I am 24 years old, and attracted to women, i just have no sex drive-no arousal. Its like, i'm not mentally strong enough to get aroused, and my body just doesn't have the motivation, and doesn't get 'pumped' up for sex arousal.

Here is why i am on this forum:
The ONLY time I feel Normal is when i am...hungover. Thats right. The only time i have sex drive, can get aroused, and even think about, or want to have sex, is when i'm hungover.

There is a direct correlation, as well, between how hungover i am, to how 'horny' i get. When i am, extremely hungover, i actually can get very horny, and as my hangover wears off-so does the sex drive.

My question is this:
Do any of you out there, know what the exact science of a hangover is?
(this could help in determining something thats over-abundant, or defecient in my body, on a normal basis)

As far as anything, and everything you could think of.
Neurotransmitters, central nervous system..etc.

I have started looking into the situation, GABA, serotonin, etc.. i don't even know where to begin.
I tried some l-dopa for awhile i got off the internet, but that just made me have crazy dreams.

Anyway, any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!!
Thanks so much
the tiger

Comments

• Options
    Hey, i can't say that I have no sex drive when im sober or drunk, because I do..but what i will say is that I am often very horny when im really Hungover, i don't know what the exact science of it is, but im sure its something to do with the increased seritonin levels from the previous night, these may effect your involuntary functions (ie erection) when you are alseep...Not sure but Its an interesting question...hope you find some answers..sorry im of no help!
  • Options
    Sorry Tiger, cant help I am afraid, just wanted to say I know where your coming from.

When I'm hungover I'd nail anything, god knows why it happens though.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    When I'm hungover I'd nail anything, god knows why it happens though.

Fancy going out for drink ? :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Fancy going out for drink ? :D

:thumb:
  • Options
    I don't know the biochemical mystery of being hungover. It has probably many causes (I sometimes feel much more hungover when in a smokey place than when being out in the fresh air and drinking), but it is probably dehydration, shortage of minerals, shortage of oxygen and the effect of various (mild) toxicants like acetaldehyde and acetic acid (degradation product of ethanol) and other degradants of higher alcohols or ingredients of various alcoholic beverages.

Anyway, when I am hungover I am extremely randy too, so you are not alone here.
  • Options
    International piss up anyone? i'll book the hotel rooms.. ;)
  • Options
    I get horny when I'm hungover, too. Sex releases endorphins... perhaps our bodies just crave the happy hormones more when we're hungover because we're seriously lacking in them? Orgasms make my hangovers go bye-bye.
  • Options
    I think being horny when you're hungover is a curse... because if you're lucky enough to get some the morning after its all over pretty quickly because of the motion sickness...