Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feel loneley and sad because ive never had a girlfriend and in general.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just turned 23 a few weeks ago and ive never had a girlfriend i finally losy my vignity at 22. I am so shy around women i can barley talk to a woman and look her in the eye, i freeze around women, and im shy to start a conversation and im worried if i ever engaged a woman in a conversation she would think i was a creep, molestor or pervert,(which is ridiclious) but thats why i stear clear of talking to a woman i like because of shyness and being red the wrong way. i would like to know what are some ways for me to meet a nice woman? i dont go to bars because none of my friends like bars and i dont like going to bars by myself and when i went by myself i got super shy and stared at the ground. there are always women i like but i cant talk to them and before you know it some macho burly guy gets her attention. i am an artist but feel that my work is not as good as anyone else's i feel inferiror not only to other men who date attractive women but to other artists, i think there work is better then mine since no one ever compliments me but talks about everyone elses work. i used to be outgoing but im more shy now. and when ive been intrested in someone i was to chicken to ever teel them back in hs. i never had a gf went to school dances and sat by myself never danced with anyone. i feel ugly and unnattractive and that women think im a turd and a creep. i also used to look more metrosexual but i stopped looking metro because i was worried women would think i was gay. im not homophoic at all in fact i have alot of gay male friends(who are some good friends) but ive been spending less time with them because im worried women will get the wrong idea and think im gay. i also realized i got my ear pierced but its the side gay men use(right) and so i stopped wearing polo shirts and want to remove my piericng because im worried women will think im not intrested in them. i have friends but we dont hangout much or go many places together so often times im alone because its not fun to go to bars and places alone. i feel so jealous when i see guys with their girlfriends who are my age or younger and walk around holding hands happy and im always alone and alot of my friends have gfs and the ones who dont have gfs are better able to flirt with women and get smiles off their face, where as when women see me next to them they certianly like my friends better and think im unnattractive and ugly. i am worried that i will never have a gf because something is always blocking me from being happy, there seems to be a rule written in stone if im attracted to someone they cant be attracted to me, but thats not a problem since im scared of talking to women and that women dont find me attractive anyways.:( :no: :grump: :nervous: :eek: :o :crying:

Comments

• Options
    It doesnt sound like you have a problem meeting women, just talking to them.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    It doesnt sound like you have a problem meeting women, just talking to them.

i do have trouble talking with them unless they engage me first.
  • Options
    You have to build up your confidence... check out this link, there are a lot of good articles on thesite that might help you, if you look around...
    http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/askthesiteqandas/generalhealthqandas/confidenceboost

Xx
  • Options
    You say you have trouble approaching and talking to them - any ideas why? What is it you think they'll do or say?
  • Options
    just a little scared

just a little scared or think theyll get the wrong idea or think something of me.
  • Options
    Tried talking to girls without an intent to try and pull them?
  • Options
    Helen, one of the mods, posted a thread in Health & Wellbeing about Social Anxiety. Check it out. SA isn't something I had ever heard of, but if you find any of the symptoms are familiar to you, there are therapies available.
  • Options
    thank you but

thank you but my name is not helen and im a male.
  • Options
    Overthehill said 'helen, one of the mods ...' as in Helen is one of the mods. It sounds to me like you have social anxiety.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    thank you but my name is not helen and im a male.

:wave:
  • Options
    ive tried

ive tried but im shy.
  • Options
    Hey 23andsingle,

Would you believe your not the only one. I'm 20 and have never had a boyfriend and still haven't lost my virginity and its not looking likely any time soon. Sometimes you get really down from it, particularly if all your friends are out with their boyfriends and girlfriends and sometimes you feel left out. Or when you want to just cuddle or find comfort in someone and you dont really have anyone. I'm not close to my family really or have any close friends so its times when I'm down I'd love someone like that, just to cuddle with.

But I've always had a problem, like you, in enganging in any sort of conversation with a fella. If I'm left on my own when I'm out I actually panic so the opportunity doesn't even arise. And even they start a conversation with me I find it very hard to maintain it. I have very few male friends as a result and generally I get on better with those who are older than me.

Just thought I'd let you know your not alone *hug*

*Rhia*
  • Options
    23andsingle

I'm 26 and haven't had a girlfriend, so I know what your going through. I'm also shy talking to women and being shy in general.

I actually feel depressed and lonely because I haven't had a girlfriend yet. But I am getting over it because I know there is a girl out there for me....somewhere....

You will find one eventually. It will just take time thats all.

As *Rhia* said.... your not alone!!!
  • Options
    thank you

thank you everyone.