Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Footwear for a male on a night out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,i've never been too versed in what to wear shoe wize on a night out.

I usually wear a nice t-shirt and jeans and shirt or jeans, i prefer wearing trainers when i can but obviously you can't get into any nightclub so i occasionally wear boots.

I really wouldn't like to wear shoes but i was wondering if there were any alterantives, trainer like shoes?:chin:

Just any ideas in general

cheers

Comments

• Options
    Most places won't let you wear "sneakers" or trainers as the sane world calls them. Get some loafers:

Office are generally pretty good for bog-standard loafers:
    http://www.office.co.uk/mens/h_by_hudson/lute_loafer/70/6790/18518/1/

Though I'm more of a Jones man myself:

http://www.jonesbootmaker.com/main/category/Modern_-_Loafer/134

Can't go wrong with loafers. Just make sure the toe isn't too pointy otherwise you'll look like some extra from a mock-Tudor costume drama and thus rediculous.
  • Options
    In my experience, the "no trainers" rule is very loosely applied and appears to be just an easy excuse for bouncers to not let you in if they don't like the look of you for whatever reason. I've been to countless supposedly "no trainers" places wearing trainers. I tend to have nice trainers though. I've also seen people turned away for wearing trainers, only to get inside and see loads of people wearing them. It's just one of those relatively conflict-free ways of kicking people out.

But yeah, just get yourself a pair of casual shoes. I just get everything from Shoe Shop.
  • Options
    what kind of crap night club doesn't let you wear trainers (one which is best avoided me thinks)
  • Options
    I think trainers that are clean and not falling apart should be fine for a club.
  • Options
    Wear trainers because it reduces the chance of you being refused entry.

For clubbing I wear a cheap pair of black shoes that look relatively smart and decent. Can I emphasise the word 'cheap'. The pair I currently wear only cost £12. I go out almost every weekend and I don't see the point in wearing expensive shoes when they're constantly going to get trodden on by women in heels or men who've most likely stepped in piss.

I wear my nicer, expensiver looking shoes when I go wining and dining.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Wyetry wrote: »
    what kind of crap night club doesn't let you wear trainers (one which is best avoided me thinks)

Took the words right out of my mouth... :)
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »

Ones with face control :) Wheat from chaff and all that.