Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nebuliser

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone been on one ? Was on one for nearly an hour today. Can't get rid of the taste of the medication and my breathing's a bit heavy. Anything to worry about ?

Comments

• Options
    Breathing actually heavy or just can now breathe properly unlike before?

If you're having more problems breathing than you were before the nebuliser then its worth thinking about medical advice, generally they're supposed to make things better not worse!

As for the taste of the medication, mouthwash might work. Although if you've still got in in your system then you may well just keep breathing it up into your mouth so you're stuck with that.
  • Options
    breathe properly unlike before?

It wasn't to do with breathing probs. As i now have (by definition) aids, i need antibiotics constantly. The one i was on (a pill) was making me anaemic so i have to have this Pentadin(e) in a nebuliser.

My chest feels sort of 'heavey' and about every 3rd/4th breath is really deep. No pain or anything. I'll phone clinic tomorrow, thanks SM.