Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to ask her?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've spent a long time being single, in fact I've never bothered to not be single. I'll be twenty in nineteen days, and I'm ready to move on to another stage of my life. I've started a large series of changes, from eating properly and drinking water (almost exclusively) and I'm planning to do more then just this.

I've met a girl recently, and while I don't know her well... I can't stop thinking about her. She is amazing funny and smart and has a lot of the same interests as myself. We have only been talking to each other for a few short days, and I don't have much experience with dating (actually none at all). Do I wait to ask her out? How should I ask her out?

I should note that we have not met in person, we have spoken through email and IM and were put in touch with one another by a mutual friend.

Comments

• Options
    I've spent a long time being single, in fact I've never bothered to not be single. I'll be twenty in nineteen days, and I'm ready to move on to another stage of my life. I've started a large series of changes, from eating properly and drinking water (almost exclusively) and I'm planning to do more then just this.

I've met a girl recently, and while I don't know her well... I can't stop thinking about her. She is amazing funny and smart and has a lot of the same interests as myself. We have only been talking to each other for a few short days, and I don't have much experience with dating (actually none at all). Do I wait to ask her out? How should I ask her out?

I should note that we have not met in person, we have spoken through email and IM and were put in touch with one another by a mutual friend.

I would suggest to informal ask her out for a pub evening and a few drinks or cinema and later drinks, just anything. Can be lying on the blanket in the park and eating ice cream or whatever, just get her to know personally. And see how well you both come along. If you are both enjoying yourself, plan for another meet.

You should get to know her first so see if you can really imagine to have more with her and she needs to find that out too. If you are giving her the hints that you like her and she reciprocates, well, you are half-way there already.
  • Options
    I'll invite her out to have see a film and have drink and see what happens from there I suppose.

Now, her birthday is coming up in a few days. Should I wait until after her celebrations or before? I image it would be best to wait until after the birthday.
  • Options
    I'll invite her out to have see a film and have drink and see what happens from there I suppose.

Now, her birthday is coming up in a few days. Should I wait until after her celebrations or before? I image it would be best to wait until after the birthday.

Hm, it doesn't really matter I suppose. If you have a nice evening you are more likely to get invited, however. Which would be a plus.
  • Options
    I prefer to ask a girl out in general terms before I get into the specifics of doing something at a particular time. Mainly because there's not a lot of wriggle room in, "Do you wanna go out sometime?" so the answer is going to be fairly black or white (which avoids the whole, "is she just saying she can't make it on Friday because she's not interested, or is she genuinely busy?"). If someone likes you, how you ask them out isn't going to make a shite of difference.