Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you think this guy is a jerk?He kept staring so I pranked him and he found out...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok

Comments

• Options
    I think you are the jerk, to be honest with you.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I think you are the jerk, to be honest with you.

:yes:
  • Options
    Well why? Since I was an object for him to keep looking at? I dissed him for a good reason- his staring wasn't pleasant
  • Options
    Read what you've written. If you don't have the courage to say something to someone's face, about them doing something you don't like, that is your problem. It gives you know right to use their personal phone number to hurt them.
  • Options
    Maybe he fancied you but didn't know how to ask you out.
  • Options
    Maybe he didnt realise that he was staring at you or doing anything of these things, maybe he actually liked you, and you decided it would be good to purposely prank call him and toy with his feelings.

way to go.
  • Options
    it sounds like he liked you but was just a bit clumsy about it, but you decided to be a bitch about it.
  • Options
    Read what you've written. If you don't have the courage to say something to someone's face, about them doing something you don't like, that is your problem. It gives you know right to use their personal phone number to hurt them.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Well why? Since I was an object for him to keep looking at? I dissed him for a good reason- his staring wasn't pleasant

You don't "diss" anyone for good reason. In the end he was the one who handled it more maturely and you ended up looking like a tool.

You could have, you know, talked to him about it? Or do you think pranking him would help you in the original problem you had with him?
  • Options
    On flip side of the coin, I could argue and say the same thing about his behaviour- if he doesn't want to speak to me then he should mind his own business and not stare, cz he doesn't have a right to. It's common knowledge that it's rude to stare and can make people feel uncomfortable.
  • Options
    On flip side of the coin, I could argue and say the same thing about his behaviour- if he doesn't want to speak to me then he should mind his own business and not stare, cz he doesn't have a right to. It's common knowledge that it's rude to stare and can make people feel uncomfortable.

still it wouldnt of hurt just to go up to him and say something that you were not happy with him start at you
  • Options
    I don't see how him pranking me back was on a more 'mature level'. A mature person surely would have ignored the call from a girl claiming to like him. He said he wasn't interested, but then texted to ask for a picture.
  • Options
    Ye but at the time he made me feel really uncomfortable so I couldn't. And it also seemed like part of his game to maybe annoy me and make me go after him. So the pranking thing probably caught him by surprise and annoyed him.
  • Options
    He wasn't pranking you back, he was finding out who abused his phone.
  • Options
    A mature person surely would have ignored the call from a girl claiming to like him. He said he wasn't interested, but then texted to ask for a picture.

Yes, a mature guy would ignore someone who claims to like him. This is completely true. No, wait... what?

"He has no right to stare at me?", why not? Who forbids him to do it? Certainly not you, because you rather call him in disguise and play him for a sucker.

You handled the situation immaturely, but instead of accepting it, you try to claim the moral highground and turn it the way that he looks like the bad guy.

If you have some dignity you will apologize to him and tell him that his staring was making you uncomfortable and it would be nice for him to stop it. But I guess you don't have the courage for that.
  • Options
    ye but he still pretended to be someone else, as my friend did. And we only did that cz of his creepy behaviour, and we actually wanted to see if he was actually weird. How can you call it abusing his phone, because he would have just said in the phone call to leave him alone if he felt abused. He infact texted immediately to ask for a picture...so he was entertaining it too. He also asked in the phone call if he will get to see what the girl looked like and asked if she is good looking. He didn't ask during the call how we got his number, all he cared about was the appearance of this girl.
  • Options
    ye but he still pretended to be someone else, as my friend did. And we only did that cz of his creepy behaviour, and we actually wanted to see if he was actually weird. How can you call it abusing his phone, because he would have just said in the phone call to leave him alone if he felt abused. He infact texted immediately to ask for a picture...so he was entertaining it too. He also asked in the phone call if he will get to see what the girl looked like and asked if she is good looking. He didn't ask during the call how we got his number, all he cared about was the appearance of this girl.

Yea? And? What about it. It's not a crime to actually think you are being pranked if a girl calls you up and tells you that she likes you. The easy way out is, to just hang up or ignore it, but he took his chances of this being real.

What are you trying to establish here? To make him the bad guy, because of taking your prank for real or what? Isn't that what you'd like?

Stop talking your way out of this mess, you only sink deeper.
  • Options
    A mature person surely would have ignored the call from a girl claiming to like him.

And a mature person wouldnt prank someone in the first place, instead of talking to him and disscussing the situation.
  • Options
    he has no right to stare because it's common courtesy. That was the main issue- he abused it, so I abused him back in a different way. I'm not talking my way out of it. Your just looking at it from one angle. But thanks, cz I can see how someone on his side would see it. Yes what I did wasn't mature- but it was a one off joke, and giving him a taste of his own medicine. You can't say he is the mature one though. I might have been wrong in places, but at the end of the day he started it, and my reaction to it was not in a simple straight forward way, only because I found it hard to approach him after the way he acts around me because he made me feel TOO awkward, to even go anywhere near him. I just happened to get his number by chance- and it was pretty spontaneous. So I don't see why he can't take it, that he brought it upon himself. He obviously wanted attention, so the irony was- a call from a girl liking him.
  • Options
    well it's obviously done now. i guess you two are just gonna ignore eachother from now on. but it does seem as though his staring may have been a clumsy attempt at getting your attention rather than any sort of malice being behind it. pranks arent exactly cool either. no more pranks
  • Options
    and one more thing, your saying I should have talked to him about his staring, what about the fact that rather than staring he should talk to me or just not stare? Even if I did walk over to him and say stop it- he would have probably denied it. I'm pretty sure of this as when a friend tried to introduce us to each other after the holidays- she asked him if he remembers seeing me around on the course- and he said that he didn't, when he had just been staring 5 minutes before she introduced us. When she asked me if i remembered him- i said ye. So he pretty much was being arrogant and making it seem like he doesn't want to speak to me, but he just wants to stare.
  • Options
    okay then, you win. you were right to prank him.

how old are you btw?
  • Options
    not trying to win- just trying to say, I did it within reason.
    I'm 5yrs old- how old are you?
  • Options
    do you mean 15?
    and it wasnt really within reason...
  • Options
    no- FIVE
  • Options
    *gives up*

i was actually trying to give you the benifit of the doubt, but never mind.
  • Options
    ye sure you were.
  • Options
    ye sure you were.

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but if you ask for advice, don't just argue back. People don't have to give their time replying on these boards- they do it to try and help. If you don;t like their advice a) no ones forcing you to be here and b) no one is forcing you to do exactly what they say- that's why it is advice. Being rude will just stop people replying to you.

I don't believe for any moment you are five, but you are acting like a five year old in a strop.

My take on this is with the rest of the people on here. Chances are the guy didn't realise he was staring. And your "prank" was probably not the best way to go about finding out why. No wonder he reacted like he did. It was a sensible thing for him to do. Take this or leave it!
  • Options
    You are just annoyed because you got played at your own game.
  • Options
    no...just the simple concept of staring being rude.