Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Got myself in a mess again...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... and I don't know how to get out of it!

Basically, one night I met a guy. He was cute and we swapped numbers (I should mention now I was sober, but not in a good place mentally). He tried to get me to go back to his, but I declined.

A week or so later, he text me again, saying he was lonely and was I around (he said he sent it to loads of friends though, but not sure if that's true). I went over to his and one thing led to another and we had sex. I barely knew this guy (i.e one 10 minute meeting and a few texts), and I am not normally the sort of person to do that (I think it's because I was/am feeling so crap at the moment- I didn't care).In fact I think I kind of liked the fact it seemed like someone was appreciating me if that makes sense?

Anyway, back to the point, now he keeps texting saying I should come over- the thing is he only texts in the evenings/early mornings, and I know why- I'm not stupid! Early morning texts are fine- I can say I was asleep and not reply until the following day. At night though I am running out of excuses not to go. Part of me wants to go, but I can see this is not the best thing to do. I am in enough of a mess as it is.

How do I get out of this situation guys? I think I want to just leave it as a one-night thing we had to avoid future difficulties/until I sort out my head (which will take a long time).

Comments

• Options
    say that then! being honest doesnt always ,mean hurting someone. as long as you're tactful about it. it's better than having to think up excuses all the time. nip it in the bud and he can bother someone else for a bangbang :p
  • Options
    can text him that? or is that harsh?! also I shall have to delete him from facebook too... and hope I don't bump into him. Oh dear!
  • Options
    can text him that? or is that harsh?! also I shall have to delete him from facebook too... and hope I don't bump into him. Oh dear!

yeah i dont see why not. it's not as if you are dating and he's propositioning you in a text right? you dont have to delete him from fb unless you really want to. are you gonna genuinely miss his presence in your life? might sound harsh but dont waste your time worrying about what people think of you unless you really and truly value their opinion.
  • Options
    Just don't reply to him, ever. If you bump into him, smile and then excuse yourself and walk in the other direction. You don't need to explain why you don't want to carry on communicating with a one night stand, you just give them the old blocked and denied treatment... And yeah, delete him from facebook, and block too.
  • Options
    no I won't miss him- at the end of the day I hardly know him. So I suppose a text will work.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Just don't reply to him, ever. If you bump into him, smile and then excuse yourself and walk in the other direction. You don't need to explain why you don't want to carry on communicating with a one night stand, you just give them the old blocked and denied treatment... And yeah, delete him from facebook, and block too.

different advice- this is what I want to do. Just I don't want to seem harsh, lol. Maybe I should just be a tad practical for once instead of always being nice!
  • Options
    :) or take katralla's advice cuz you dont owe him anything, dont feel bad. he sounds quite sleazy :p
  • Options
    I repeat, block and deny. It's not mean, he doesn't want you two to have a loving relationship or anything, he's just giving you the booty call. He will find someone else, you will ignore him for the rest of your life. Works for me.

If they carry on texting after you have ignored them for a few texts, just reply with "no thanks, I've found someone else"
  • Options
    Thanks you two, decisions now! I shall ignore it tonight and next time I get a text ignore that too. If he keeps sending them maybe I will tell him politely to look elsewhere. Could be a plan. I just don't like people hating me!

edit: didn't read Katralla's advice before posting, yet it is the same as what I half-decided! Guess that's how it will be!
  • Options
    He won't hate you. Not at all. He will just move on, as will you. Do not worry yourself over it any more, at all. He will probably just remember you with a fond vague recollection of a sexy session, that won't be repeated, and truy to find another one.
  • Options
    not responding or turning him down for sex isnt life crushingly awful :) if he hates you for that then he only really was after one thing. shrug and forget about it :thumb:
  • Options

If he can text you for a nookie, you can text him that you don't want this to go on.
  • Options
    Sounds like a married sleeze.