Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Behind my back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, the other day I was talking to a friend who asked what I thought about X and Y going out. The pair have had a very mixed background regarding their relationship. But I didnt know they were together and they are supposed to be my best friends. Obviously the person who told me was mortified as she thought I would know. From what I gathered, they have secretly been together for 6 months. I dont know whether to be angry or surprised. Angry because they have been lying to me for the last 6 months, or surprised I didnt notice. Supposedly there is more to the story than what I know but my friend felt so bad that she didnt carry on. What do I do about this? I feel quite upset about it :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I were you, I would ask your friends why they didn't tell you they are together or why they didn't feel they could tell you.
    I would be angry too, but if these are your friends you dont want to make it look as if your angry they are together, Assuming thats not the case!
    Make it clear your angry they didn't tell you, but on the other hand your happy for them.
    Speak to them and hopefully they will explain why they didn't tell you. Perhaps it's nothing to do with you, the friendship etc, perhaps they didn't want everyone to know? seing how it goes? There are many reasons people dont Publicly announce relationships... You've just got to find out what that reason is? And perhaps pay more attention to what your friends get up to :chin: :hyper:
    Hope this helps x