Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

peer pressure at 17

the thing is im 17 and i've never had a boyfriend,i've find it really embarrasing especially when people start talking about sex and how far they got with sokmeone etc.Those who know that i've never been in a relationship always ask why. Im dont think im ugly as people always compliment me, it's just when i was younger i was bullied and i guess thats made me shy, but i still have boy mates who i talk too. Thats another problem all boys see me as, a mate or at least i think they do as i've never been asked out by someone i like in return ( im not the kind of person who would get with someone for the hell off it).

so anyway i was wondering what other people thought about it...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A lot of people I know didnt have bf's at your age. Its nothing to be worried about, I think you just need to not sucumb to peer pressure.
  • Options

so anyway i was wondering what other people thought about it...

I think you should ask someone out when you like this person, not wait until this person asks you out.
  • Options
    What is the norm - boy asks girl out or vice versea? I always had the impression that the boy makes the move but I (as a male) could never take the plunge. When I had my one and only girlfriend (aged 17 too), she made the moves so it was laid out on a plate for me. I'm not a very good example though, because with my sight/hearing (or lack of), I don't see the body language.