Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scared

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello Sir or Madam or anyone else.

Well besically I need help or I would not be starting this thread.

Well I go to bed around like 2-3 in the morning andd have to wake up again at 6:00 the doctour had told me it was bad for my health and I have to get more rest bbut I've been sleeping like tthis since I was 8.
I'm scared to go to sleep basically I try and force my seelf to sleep even decided to read a boring book.

How can I go to sleep earlier with out being to scared to

Bye take care hope you can help xx.

Comments

• Options
    Are you afraid of the dark?

I may be 31 (too old!), but I, too, am afraid of the dark. I do have a couple of nightlights, 1 on each bedside table on either side of my bed. If it gets too bad, then I have the landing light on too. My bedroom door also has a translucent window pane so that it lets more (landing) light through. If it isn't darkness-related, can you please explain a bit more on how you feel the fear?

(btw, this might be better in the health forum)
  • Options
    I like to fall asleep with the tv on, something boring, close my eyes...

Try making a routine. Have a few things that you do before bed -brush your teeth, lay your clothes out for the next day, check your email, write down three of the best things that have happened that day and three things you'd like to get done the next day. Chose your fave nightwear, pick a time that's not too early but not late. Make sure you lie down at that time. Do the same thing at the same time every night.
  • Options
    Erm...Hello.
    No that is not it, I do not have a fear of the dark because my mum locks me in the cupboard and everything and I'm use to the dark yes sure I will explain more just need to find out how.