Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ds Xl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Worth getting ?

I like puzzly games, though not too hard.

I assume its the same as a DSi, just bigger screen so uses the same games cartridges.

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't think it's worth it unless you find the regular DSi to be too little, IMHO. I find the XL to be too big to carry around and the screens don't look as good (they use the same resolution).
  • Options
    hey
    just get a ds or a ds lite i av them both and the dsi bu u never tend to use the camera alot nnd i av the ds xl its like exactly the same just it wont fit in my bag.
  • Options
    i havent seen it myself but my boyf works in a game shop and he said its not worth it, as mentioned it uses the same resolution so the games look the same as on a regular DS but stretched out and it looks all pixelly, not a good look.

he also said the only reason they're bringing out 'new' versions of ds's is because they were losing so much money as everybody had R4 cards and the new versions have antipiracy in them so you cant use r4 cards. but i dont know if thats totally true either :) would make sense.
  • Options
    I have an R4 card :D.

But it's not easy to get the games you want on them, tbh. I downloaded the new Zelda game and that doesn't work, and I downloaded the Mario and Sonic and the Olympic Games one and even though it was supposed to be in English it, er, wasn't.

Anyway, RS, I'd just get yourself a DS lite or a DSi. They're small and they're easy to carry around and the screen is big enough as it is.
  • Options
    The 3DS will be out next year.

Nintendo would have sold more XL's worldwide if that news wasn't leaked. With the news of the 3DS it isn't worth it, unless you don't have a DS already, or don't want a 3DS.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I have an R4 card :D.

Boo this woman! Boo!

Don't pirate games. It's stealing and the reason why paying consumers have to endure ever increasing amounts of intrusive DRM.

Boo!
  • Options
    Boo this woman! Boo!

Don't pirate games. It's stealing and the reason why paying consumers have to endure ever increasing amounts of intrusive DRM.

Boo!
    I'm not going to pirate the games I actually want. And, uh, it was Rich's idea anyway. I don't even know how to put stuff on it :o.
  • Options
    DRM will be intrusive no matter what.
  • Options
    Think i'll give it a miss. I wanted an XL coz the othere's a bit small for my old man's eyesight, but as you say its all pixelated and pretty crap.

Thanks for the replies