Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

In-laws

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead:

Got my in-laws staying all weekend, they have been here since thursday going back monday and I am feeling so :mad:

Sorry just needed a rant. Family eh :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    *hugs*
    Aww :-/ What are they doing? Just the normal annoying family things?
    Xx
  • Options
    Well they only eat 'english' food so it is sooooooooo hard to cook for them, all they want is fish n chips for every meal :yeees:

and they are criticising everything. Oh and they keep moaning cos we make them smoke outside in the rain but it is MY house so they should respect my rules. And they get up sooooooooooooo early and they drink tea like it's going out of fashion. I'm bored and hacked off :(
  • Options
    Go to the chippie, buy them an umbrella, and a clock, oh and some teabags :p:lol:
    Xx
  • Options
    lol, we have been to the chippie lots and it looks like we're going again tonight. They have an umbrella! And I have bought a massive box of PG Tips. They are just soooooooooooooooo different to my parents that I find it really hard, they have noticed I'm peed off as well oops!
  • Options
    Oh dear :-/ Well, this'll cheer you up (maybe) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxVec_zCC80
    Xx
  • Options
    geneve wrote: »
    How about you make a cottage pie, roast dinner, meat pie etc? They're nice an 'english' and a lot better than take out chips! Just think, you're half way there, they're nearly gone now.

lol, you have made my day! I suggested all of those things, these are the replies;

silence to the suggestion that I make a cottage pie, then he said he doesn't like it. So I said a roast, well he doesn't like roast potatoes or ANY vegetables, so then I suggested an endless list of 'english' foods which were all apparently disgusting. It's ludicrous it really is. I'm so glad you said that cos now I realise it's not just me being over critical!
  • Options
    Chips are made of a vegetable ;)
    Xx
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    silence to the suggestion that I make a cottage pie, then he said he doesn't like it. So I said a roast, well he doesn't like roast potatoes or ANY vegetables, so then I suggested an endless list of 'english' foods which were all apparently disgusting. It's ludicrous it really is. I'm so glad you said that cos now I realise it's not just me being over critical!

It's not just you. That is ULTRA fussy.

What do they eat at home? I'd suggest, if they don't want any of your food, that they get off their arses and make their own.
  • Options
    pffft. I'd just have announced what's for dinner without asking them if that's what they wanted. If they're guests in your house then it's downright impolite to refuse to accept any food offered and not suggest anything or cook themselves.
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    pffft. I'd just have announced what's for dinner without asking them if that's what they wanted. If they're guests in your house then it's downright impolite to refuse to accept any food offered and not suggest anything or cook themselves.

It's not just impolite, if they behaved like that all weekend then they'd starve. Maybe an idea for next time, fruit loop? ;)
  • Options
    Sera wrote: »
    It's not just impolite, if they behaved like that all weekend then they'd starve. Maybe an idea for next time, fruit loop? ;)

My bloke's mother complained half a year after she moved from us that one evening we "starved" her because she called my bloke disgusting among other things and as a result we left the house for the night without cooking for her. :lol:
  • Options
    The only difference between in laws and out laws is that outlaws are wanted.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    The only difference between in laws and out laws is that outlaws are wanted.

PMSL:lol:
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »

Do this. They sound like rude bastards.
  • Options
    Well it did get to the point where I said look I'm not being funny but what do you eat? The response was 'english food' to which I listed some traditional english meals and they didn't like any of them! Mother in law offered to cook in the end. Nightmare though!
  • Options
    Wft is 'english food' if not any of the things already mentioned?
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Wft is 'english food' if not any of the things already mentioned?

My guess -

Steak and chips
    Fish and chips
    Pie and chips.

Can you see the theme ;)
  • Options
    How depressing, both for you and for them having such a limited diet.
  • Options
    bangers and mash, toad in the hole?

I guess Monday evening is the time to grill the other half on what you should've been cooking, and don't go easy on the "why the hell didn't you warn me"
  • Options
    As much as I love fish & chips..... every night?? That is not healthy.
  • Options
    steak and kidney pudding?
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    steak and kidney pudding?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    I've never had steak and kidney pudding...
  • Options
    they sound like a nightmare!!!!

put a chilli in a beef hot pot. that'll show em
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I guess Monday evening is the time to grill the other half

Is that an 'English dish':chin:
  • Options
    FCUK it wrote: »