Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Earings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay... I always loose my earings. I even put them all in a box... but they STILL go missing. Or, I end up snapping them or shit like that!
So, does anyone have any tips on how not to break them or loose them? Oh, and neck-laces? I always seem to snap them too. :blush:
Xx

Comments

• Options
    one of those earring holders that you stick the earring into through a hole. they usually sell them in claire's :) like this http://www.jillunderhillgallery.com/images/Earring_Display_1.jpg

necklaces i just hang from a sticky out bit on my wardrobe err.. but if they are dainty dont do that.
  • Options
    Earing holders??!! *Goes to claires*
    I have a bit of a habit of chewing earings... well not chewing, but putting them in my mouth. So I think that makes them break :-/

Also, if you put nail varnish over that cheap jewlery does it stop your skin changing colour ?
    Xx
  • Options
    I always lose stuff too, tried the earring holders and such but too lazy to ever actually use them! Oddly enough, I've lost the least amount of jewelry when I just toss it in a cup on the night stand, perhaps because it fits well into my lazy lifstyle :p
  • Options
    Be cafeful you don't swallow any B-A.
  • Options
    Haha yeah, I don't like put them in my mouth... I hold them there :p Just a habit.

I think I might find all my jewellery sling it in a cup like My Name does. Sounds easy enough :p
    Thanks guys.
    Xx
  • Options
    Haha yeah, I don't like put them in my mouth... I hold them there :p Just a habit.

I think I might find all my jewellery sling it in a cup like My Name does. Sounds easy enough :p
    Thanks guys.
    Xx

If that doesn't work, I never suggested it, it was somebody else :p
  • Options
    I have a gift box thing i got some bangles in and i use that for when im travelling and my day to day earrings, it's basically a nice round box with a lid so it's a bit more discrete than a mug :p
  • Options
    I clip all mine onto a bit of pretty ribbon and hang it from my wall, and when I go away it's easy to take it with me
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    I have a gift box thing i got some bangles in and i use that for when im travelling and my day to day earrings, it's basically a nice round box with a lid so it's a bit more discrete than a mug :p

Yup, i use this method! Got a silver bracelet in a nice square box, perfect size for earrings! Trouble is... I still lose earrings when I'm out / during the night. :crying:
  • Options
    you have to put them with a needle (that's ON the earring itself) through a tiny hole in your ear (you have to let that little hole made by someone, it is not there naturally) and then you won't lose them anymore.

It's actually quite logical if you understand the mechanics behind it.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    you have to put them with a needle (that's ON the earring itself) through a tiny hole in your ear (you have to let that little hole made by someone, it is not there naturally) and then you won't lose them anymore.

It's actually quite logical if you understand the mechanics behind it.

Uh huh :rolleyes: You try it first, tell me how it goes, and then I'll try :lol:
    Xx