Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bags.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How can my boyfriend get rid of the bags under his eyes?

Comments

• Options
    Drink enough water in the day that his pee runs clear. Keep fit and healthy. Go to bed on time, and get up on time too -don't oversleep but remember that teenagers actually need a lot of sleep. Spend enough time outside, but not too much to get his skin damaged by the sun.

Bags are also genetic, once you are healthy, if you still have bags, you probably just have bags.
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    How can my boyfriend get rid of the bags under his eyes?

Let the poor lad get some sleep Lryic it sounds like you are wearing him out ;)
  • Options
    He's 20 and wears glasses to cover them because he hates them. He has been going to bed earlier lately, about 1-2am, because he said that he can't sleep any earlier and getting up about 10.30am. Is that bad?
  • Options
    He probably needs to get 9 hours sleep a night, on a regular timetable.
  • Options
    lyric wrote: »
    He's 20 and wears glasses to cover them because he hates them. He has been going to bed earlier lately, about 1-2am, because he said that he can't sleep any earlier and getting up about 10.30am. Is that bad?

If hes not getting up until 10.30am, then its not surprising he can't get to sleep before 1 or 2.
  • Options
    So what should I do?
  • Options
    Cucumber slices are meant to help also warm teabags, he could try a lavender based mosturiser, but i guess its all about making lifestyle changes, regular sleep, plenty of water , stress busting through exercise that kind off thing.
  • Options
    They say anus cream works too
  • Options
    my name wrote: »

Yes i heard that, but dont get any near your lips as it makes them pucker up :D
  • Options
    Hey lyric,
    my name wrote: »

Although I've heard this too, I really wouldn't endorse it, as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't put anything intended for bottoms on my face :eek2:

As already mentioned the best solution to this really is to get into a good sleep routine and if that fails to improve them maybe seek further advice.

Good luck I hope your boyfriend can get this worked out it's horrible he has to feel self concious :heart:
  • Options
    Thanks :) I will try to make him sleep more and drink more water.
  • Options
    stop smoking. Smoky atmospheres always give me bags
  • Options
    If possible try to get up between 6.30-7.30am, then bed by 10.30pm. That way you're exposed to more natural daylight and sleep for 8 hours! Would avoid lie-ins at the weekends as it confuses your body. Do some physical activity during the day so you want to sleep in the evening. Drink lots of water, as already mentioned x
  • Options
    He doesn't work in a pub but he works till late and likes to stay on the phone to me late at night.