Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Twitch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so over the last 2-3 weeks my arms and sometimes my neck have started twitching. If im doing something like cooking or moving around a lot it dosent seem to happen, but as soon as they relaxed it starts again. It also seems to be triggered by negative thoughts like anger, fear, stress etc.

Anyone got any idea what this is, because its kinda scaring me, and one of my friends has already commented on it?:(

Comments

• Options
    luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi smiling_politely

Thanks for posting on the boards. It's totally understandable that you're concered about your twitches - it's horrible when your body starts doing things and you don't understand why. There's every chance that nothing's wrong, so please try not to worry too much.

This answer gives some really good advice on what causes twitching and what to do about it.

I would definitely recommend going to your GP, who should be able to tell you why it's happening and hopefully put your mind at rest.

I hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Take care :)