Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relapse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, it's going like this. On friday one of my closest mates put herself in hospital for selfharming, and she lost 4 pints of blood. She's still out cold. I'm now feeling really shit about it because I've always been there to help her, and I have no way of getting to her. I really badly just want to cut myself but nothing is going deep enough. I feel, so low, and all I want to do is let go completely. :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Heya,

You said you've always been there to help your friend.... and you still are now! When she wakes up you'll be only a phone call away and I'm sure she'll understand that you can't get to her right now, but you're trying your best still to be there for her.

You need to look after yourself, maybe take some time out with other friends, get out and about and thinking about something else. The whole of this seems to have taken it out of you, but try and think about whether cutting yourself would really help the situation? I'm guessing that your friend wouldn't want you to be feeling like this right now.

After all, for you to be the best sort of support for your friend, you need to be on top of things. I'm not saying you're not allowed to be upset. In fact... get angry, get upset.... get it out of your system and try to cope in a healthier way. And then use the fact that you have to support your friend as a reason to stay strong.

All the best
  • Options
    Thing is, I need to be there when she wakes up, not on the other side of the phone. We've been through so much together we're like brother and sister, yet husband and wife, its a mix of the two, and I just cant get to her and I need to get to her because I need to make sure she's ok.
  • Options
    She'd want you to be Okay I'm sure, and she wouldn't want you to hurt yourself. I'm sure she'll be happy to speak to you when she comes round, even if you can't see her. Chances are, you wouldn't be alowed to see her anyway I don't think. When I was in hospital only my Mum was allowed to see me (and my Uncle but only because I didn't want to see my mum at all.) As soon as she gets out, take her for a meal or something :)
    Xx
  • Options
    re

Hey bio haz,

Like broken Angel has said, your best role maybe in the aftermath when your friend needs to talk. In the moment when in hospital it may not be possible to do that. Do you have any distraction methods to use to stop you from self harming?Keeping yourself safe maybe the best thing you can do for both of you, its at least the one thing you have some control of.

Let us know how your doing and take care:)
  • Options
    Well...I've rediscovered that I really don't like being in hospital. Busted my wrist up, with a cracked rib...I hate cars too! :@ but, my friend became concious on thursday for about half an hour, and today for an hour, and I got to talk to her :)
  • Options
    Well, first off... it's great you got to speak to your friend :)
    AND secondly.. I hope you are okay, hospital is shit but sometimes kissing an ouchy better just doesn't work :p
    Xx