Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confussion bipolar or depression?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am new to this but i dont really know what else to do.

since the age of 11 i have suffered with depression but it didnt get dignosed until i was 18 because that was when i decided to try and end my life. i have been on medication and seen councillors.

But my friend said she was watching something about bipolar on tv a documentary or something and she said she thinks i am suffering from it.

and when i found this site i thought it would help me to decided or not to go to the docotors to see if i have or not.

My boyfirend says i am impulsive and that i will buy or do things with thinking until after wards and this includes foods like i can live on tins of soup for a couple of days up to 2 weeks and then i just eat everything in the house. I am also quite a paronide person like i think that people mae comments because they want a reaction out of me, or i think they are talking about me ect. I can go from feeling sad to happy to extreme anger in the space of half an hour.

i dont want to go to the doctors and waste there time.

Do you think i should?

sorry for it being sooo long

Comments

• Options
    Please do see a doctor. You'll not be wasting their time.
  • Options
    Hi and welcome, i'm not an expert on either depression or bipolar but i do know that neither of them can be dealt with on your own so i really do think you should get to see your gp as soon as you can. There is no way you should think you are wasting anyones time they are there to help you so pleae use them.
    I expect their are people on here with direct experiance who can help you and relate to you so don't ever feel alone :wave:
    Keep posting and let us know what you decide and how things are going for you.
    HUGZ xx