Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

scaring myself (selfharm)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i seem to have been getting worse and worse.. yesterday i was really itching to cut myself and i was tearing through my room looking for my blade but i couldnt find it and i was so determined that i stormed through the whole house trying to find something, in the end i found something sharp and i now have some very painfull cuts on my side. also right no was im writing this im desperate to cut myslef.. im starting to get really scared of myself but i cant tell a therapist or my parents or any adult i just want to fix this on my own or with the help of my friends :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    I really think you should go to therapy, yes it doesn't help everyone.. But it is worth a go. Self harm is not something you should feel you have to hide, and if there is someone you can confide in it can be a whole lot easier.
    Make sure the cuts are clean, and so is whatever you use. If you need to, see a doctor.
    Xx
  • Options
    Hey Alexandra

Don't ever be ashamed of self harming. It is a way that people cope with life sometimes. All you can do is start again, everytime you cut just think "ok so I have self harmed but it's ok because I'm going to get better" and even if you hurt youself again, you always can pick yourself up again and start from scratch, there is no harm in trying.

If you don't want therapy then just talk to a few friends that you can really trust, knowone can force you to go councelling until you are ready to go and do it for yourself and don't do it for anyone else.

Be proud of who you are and also learn to love your mistakes.

Keep posting, thinking of you xx
  • Options
    thankyou *anna* i think im getting better but i guess i'll never know for sure =/ my cuts are still a little painfull but ive been cleaning them so i should be fine =S
    xx
  • Options
    Thats great to hear that you are feeling better :)
    whenever you feel like this again just come online and talk to the rest of us coz me and alot of others including have suffered the same as you have. dont ever feel alone. and im glad you are cleaning your cuts.

Talk to u soon
    xx
  • Options
    *Anna* wrote: »
    whenever you feel like this again just come online and talk to the rest of us coz me and alot of others including have suffered the same as you have. dont ever feel alone.

:yes:
  • Options
    re

Hey Alexandraahh,

Just to echo what anna has said about coming online when you feel the urge, the site is always here! Youve mentioned about not wanting to access professionals such as a counsellor to talk to and as has been mentioned already you should only do so if you are ready to do so.

Have you any questions about counselling or any reservations about the process?Feel free to share them here if you do:)

Take Care:wave: