Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks. :)

It was so much easier than expected, actually. We hired a van and only had the one trip to do. I've done a bit of unpacking and have some little bits I need to pick up. (DVDs and my DS) But those can wait.

It's being in a flat by myself (there's people upstairs) with no dogs around.
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    World Book Day costume is sorted :hyper:

Another day looking ridiculous, all in the name of teaching.

What are you going as?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I have finally moved.

And now somewhere to put everything.

Exciting stuff! :hyper: happy for you.
  • Options
    Woke up feeling beyond shitty this morning, could barely face getting out of bed. Made myself go out, had a lovely day with friends and in such a good mood now :)
  • Options
    What are you going as?

Piglet
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    World Book Day costume is sorted :hyper:

Another day looking ridiculous, all in the name of teaching.

Yay! I need to get organised with this. We have a theme, I just need to get the stuff now. :thumb: Joys of childcare. ;)
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Yay! I need to get organised with this. We have a theme, I just need to get the stuff now. :thumb: Joys of childcare. ;)

We didn't have a theme, but after I shared my Piglet excitement, the staff decided a Winnie the Pooh theme was a fab idea :d

Class teacher isn't in on Book Day, so I will be left alone with the class. Thirty little horrors, fancy dress and me. What could go wrong?!
  • Options
    We didn't have a theme, but after I shared my Piglet excitement, the staff decided a Winnie the Pooh theme was a fab idea :d

Class teacher isn't in on Book Day, so I will be left alone with the class. Thirty little horrors, fancy dress and me. What could go wrong?!

Aw Winnie the Pooh is a great theme, we are doing pirates love underpants. I just need to get it sorted. Nothing will go wrong cos your a great teacher, and you are great with children so it's all good :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Aw Winnie the Pooh is a great theme, we are doing pirates love underpants. I just need to get it sorted. Nothing will go wrong cos your a great teacher, and you are great with children so it's all good :heart:

Hmmm, today we had shouting, screaming, throwing things, fighting...and that was just me ;)

I joke, but they were really awful today. A day off timetable is going to make them even more wild.
  • Options
    Hmmm, today we had shouting, screaming, throwing things, fighting...and that was just me ;)

I joke, but they were really awful today. A day off timetable is going to make them even more wild.

How old are they all?

Yeah my pre schoolers are really testing the boundaries at the minute. Looking forward to a few days off.
  • Options
    Snuggled under a blanket top and tailing with my nephew. :heart::love:
  • Options
    Snuggled under a blanket top and tailing with my nephew. :heart::love:
    :heart: nephew time is the best.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Made it through another shift without pushing my co-worker in to one of the friars, hurrah!
  • Options
    My cousin's baby has had his feeding tube removed. And he's now been moved into a cot. He's now growing really fast too. :)
  • Options
    My cousin's baby has had his feeding tube removed. And he's now been moved into a cot. He's now growing really fast too. :)

Aww yay! That's really great to hear.
  • Options
    Self harm awareness day is one of my favourites :heart:
  • Options
    My friend's baby is the same!! Happy days!! Hope your cousin's baby maintains good health :)
  • Options
    MikeS wrote: »
    Made it through another shift without pushing my co-worker in to one of the friars, hurrah!
    Hahahahaha!!!! Well done you :)
  • Options
    Aww yay! That's really great to hear.

Thanks :) it's lovely seeing photos of him not covered in tubes and actually looking quite well, give how prem he was.
  • Options
    *rach* wrote: »
    My friend's baby is the same!! Happy days!! Hope your cousin's baby maintains good health :)

Yay! Thank you and the same to your friends baby. I am hoping to be able to meet them when I'm in London in April.
  • Options
    It has been a bright day and felt like spring, so bought some daffodils :)
  • Options
    It has been a bright day and felt like spring, so bought some daffodils :)
    This makes me smile!! Yey for nice days :) bring on summer!!
  • Options
    Such a subtle food thief who doesn't even wait 'til I've opened the packet before they help themselves to my minirolls. I am gonna notice if the packet is open, I probably wouldn't have otherwise.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    ninaballet wrote: »
    Such a subtle food thief who doesn't even wait 'til I've opened the packet before they help themselves to my minirolls. I am gonna notice if the packet is open, I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Mini Rolls :heart: Gosh, I haven't had them in ages! However, food thieves are the worst when you're a student!! :p
  • Options
    And my cousin has announced that their baby should be coming home this week.
  • Options
    And my cousin has announced that their baby should be coming home this week.

That's amazing news Melian :hyper: so happy for y'all.
  • Options
    I have an interveiw next week to work with the police :D
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »

Yay Emmy!!
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »