Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

my best friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so if u ever read one of my other threads i had this problem with one of my friends and turned out we both liked eachother the same way. about a month later i sorta got dumped by him and now he's all clammed up and shy around me and its starting to get on my nearves. any help???:confused::blush:

Comments

• Options
    I can't think of anything than to just the good ol' "just give it time". As soon as he processed it he will be chuffed to randomly hear from you again and be asked to go for an ice cream.

You can't force or reason logically with people like that, they just clam up harder if you try to persuade them not to be clammed up. Just wait a week or two, maybe.
  • Options
    Heyy,
    Well.. going out with a friend is always tricky. I think that you should talk to him, tell him that you didn't want it to ruin your friendship and ask if you can forget it happened?
    I had a sexual relationship with one of my best friends, and it sort of messed up our friendship... he didn't love me, and I loved him etc etc. I still speak to him, but it can be awkward. We aren't as close as we used to be, and it can be hard at times to move on from how he hurt me.
    Take it a step at a time, and try to work it out together.
    Xx
  • Options
    ok not even close broken angle. im sorry but no. our relationship was only on texting, he lives a days drive away from me and thats y. i talk to him on the phone and he never says anything exept for the occasional "yup, cool, awesome, hey whats up?" and "anyway ive gotta go" crap and he isnt one to be all shy and clammy.:banghead:
  • Options
    just leave him be then. It's just that way. 'friendships' lose themselves like that every now and then. You can try to give him a break but if he's still not interested in talking to you, you should realize that there is no common interest and move on.
  • Options
    but we have own eachother since we were in frickin diapers!!:banghead: