Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mothers Day ideas? :D

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so it's mothers day on the 14th, and every year I struggle to find something to get my mum. I usually go for chocs or bubble bath. But this year I am thinking of giving her some vouchers I have made, as what ever I choose has to fit in a card through the post.

With vouchers she can redeem them when I get home from uni.

So far I have:

1) A pub meal out at a local pub.
2) Cooking a meal of her choice at home.

I'm hoping to have about 5. The rest need to be cheap ideas! The meal will be the main one...

So any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    It sounds boring but maybe you could do something like additional chores or looking after younger siblings. You could also do less serious ones, like she gets the last piece of cake or something. It sounds like a good idea, sorry mine aren't very original.
  • Options
    cleaning the oven, or some other horrible task.
  • Options
    Depending on how well you get on and whether it's her kind of thing, a girl's night in? You and her spend an evening in together chatting, bottle of wine, takeaway, maybe DVD, face masks, manicures etc?
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Depending on how well you get on and whether it's her kind of thing, a girl's night in? You and her spend an evening in together chatting, bottle of wine, takeaway, maybe DVD, face masks, manicures etc?

Good idea but not her thing- I always struggle because whatever my parents want they get and they don't do anything apart from work :( so no hobbies really, and we don't do take aways (minus fish and chips about three times a year!). hmmm....

and my brother is my younger sibling, and he is at uni too! so no babysitting required.

I guess I could do the housework one friday, as friday is housework day... that'd be nice for my mum.

any more ideas?!
  • Options
    a decent photo of you and any brothers or sisters if you have them. bribe a friend to take the picture or just set the timer on your camera. then put it in a pretty frame
  • Options
    This.^

Me and my twin sister did this for my mum one christmas because she has no photos of us together since we were tiny, and she loved it.

Also when I was in Newcastle for uni, I came to visit her in secret and she was so shocked and happy.
  • Options
    that's a good idea :)
  • Options
    that's a good idea :)
    That's a lovely idea purpled.