Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can't stop cutting myself.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep cutting myself. I get angry and upset really easily. I used to drink all the time and did drugs for a while and then started to self harm to deal with life. Ive have thoughts of suicide and i stopped cutting myself for 7 months. Ive now done it 3 times in the last 2 weeks. What is wrong with me? I can't deal with it anymore. Am i depressed?
The only people i can properly trust is my best friend and my boyfriend. I don't want outside help, at least not face to face. What can i do? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Hi LadyNat :). I'm sorry to hear you've been harming yourself. Fortunately you've come to the right place! Lots of people here, me included, have experienced harming either because they did it or because somebody they care about has.

It's a great start to talk about why you're doing it here, but if you want somewhere a bit more professional, try the Samaritans. I don't know the number (I'm sure someone will be along soon with all the info) but I believe if you want to try emailing them, the address is jo@samaritans.org.

You say you don't want outside help, but obviously from here we can't do as much as a professional, and in the long run you might want to think about seeing somebody like your GP, who will be able to help you with the best way for you to tackle how you're feeling.
  • Options
    Thanks Franki.
    Thing is i don't want to talk to a GP or anyone. I don't know why im self harming. I don't know what to talk about. Also my dad knows I used to self harm. I promised i wouldn't do it again and i can't let him down again.
    Thanks x