Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

WAAAAY TOO DEEP~~ i thought it was getting better

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was doing really well at not cutting anymore id gone like a month without going anywhere near my blade then the other day me and my parents had a MASSIVE arguement in all my anger i just cut myself about 5 times maybe? well it wouldnt stop bleeding, i thought i hadnt gone that deep but it was liek POURING out blood so i stuck a coupel of plasters on it. then today i got really depressed and cut again mayeb 3 times i think and those are still bleeding now after liek an hour so im kinda worried cause im not even cutting that deep it just seems to bleed ALOT heelp please people cause im kinda worriedddd !!!

Comments

• Options
    What made you feel bad today? Maby if its still bleeding you should get it looked at or call NHS direct. Do your parents no? try applying pressure to the cut but if it is really deep maby you need stiches, do you have steri-strips bandages antisepic wipes that sort of thing, hope your ok
    Sally X
  • Options
    well it was nothing really today and the thing is the cuts arent deep they hardly broke the skin and ive aplied pressure and stuff it doesnt hurt any more but if i move to much i think the cuts will start bleeding again and no my parents dont know cause they will go mental and get proper anoyed at me so i just keep it to myself and a coupel of friends
  • Options
    have they stopped bleeding? how are you feeling now maby you could call one of your close friends
  • Options
    they've stopped bleeding now, but it hurts a tiny bit. hopefully ill be fine but im more worried about the fact that if i cut yesterday and the day before whats stopping me tomorow or the next day?
  • Options
    nothing is stopping you, unless you dont want to do it anymore. Only you can stop it and its your chose wether to or not. i suggest you get some help because i though my parents would go mental but they found out what i was writing on here and thats how it got out, it really wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. Are your parents understanding? do you talk alot?

love you x
  • Options
    Only you can stop yourself, trust me I no how hard it is but you were doing so well, have you tried doing other things rather than cutting? Can you talk to your friends about what is going on nd making you cut or maby have a rant on hear, people on hear normally give really gd advice, sorry I cant help more
  • Options
    to meganM me and my parents dont talk about everything cause lots of this turn into arguements and sally123 my friend keeps telling me she's goign to take my blade away.. i think i'll let her if it means it helps me.
  • Options
    Maby you should let her take it away, my mate took mine away which helped me to a certain extent but you will allways find a way if ya not ready to stop, can you talk to her about your problems aswell
  • Options
    Hi Alexandraahh,

We hope that you are OK and have managed your cuts OK? Have you seen this page on Thesite about first aid? Some of the tips may help you?

There are loads of other great information pages on the self harm section, to distract yourself, you could make your way through some of them? It sound's like a good idea to have your friend take your blade away, and any other things that you do not feel safe around. It's great that you have friends that you can confide in about your harming.

Don't forget that the NHS Direct are there if you want to discuss any of your cuts with them - 0845 4647.

Take care and keep posting :)