Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I want to make friends locally

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I really need to get some friends in my local area. I have nobody to hang out with or go round the local with. All my friends live the other side of the city, and I don't see them much. Further, I'd like to make some new friends, nearby.

How can I go about this? I tried talking to people in one of the local pubs, most my age (18) were... shady to say the least (Acted like Arseholes and thugs) and the only people who made conversation were age 60+ and in retirement. Where can I make friends my age that I can just do normal stuff like have a pint with and general stuff like that.

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried community clubs and things like that? I, obviously, don't know where you live, but I know in some places they have youth groups for people up to 21. In my area there is one where people can go to play sports, or play on games consels, watch TV, play pool, read etc etc etc. Maybe look out for one in your area.
    Xx
  • Options
    Have you thought about Scouts - Explorer Scouts tend to go up to quite old and often the older ones all go to the pub after a meeting and you get to do cool stuff as well.