Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Have just cut deep and gutted :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was doing so well............................Why do I do it..................I think I know but I don't want to admit it to myself. I need some advise, I think that my girlfriend may be the reason I am cutting? i know that sounds horribe, but she is bringing me down, and i'm afraid that I am not inlove with her anymore, she gets really moody and when i am in a good mood she always sulks and doesnt talk to me. We have been together for 2 years nearly and I would hate to break up with her because i know it would kill her and i can't bring myself to destroy her dreams of a life together :(

I don't know what to do, I'm literally stuck in a hole....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I cant tell you what to do but i can try and help you, if you dont love her anymore then you need to be honest because if she loves you your leading her on (i dont mean that to sound nasty) You shouldnt stay in a relationship because your afraid of what will happen to the other person if you break up.

You said you were doing so well? how long did you last or were you limiting it? Dont feel ashamed for cutting again if youve stopped before you can stop again x

speak to you soon x
    You need to tell her how you are feeling about stuff, about the relationship and about how you are feeling.

As for the cut, do you need medical attention?
    Hey Megan and Sade, thankyou for you help,

yes, i do love her, but I have a feeling that she is way serious about stuff more than I am. Had a massiv arguement last night with her after I wrote the last message on here and kind of have sorted things out again.

I hav had medical attention,I go to councelling and have anti-depressants that I'm on.

The longest I hav been without cutting has been two weeks. Last night was a relapse I think. I'm going to try again to stop. My hips and the side of my legs look a bit of a state and that is the only place I can cut because I dance.
    Im happy that your going to try and stop again, youve obviously got the will power :) x
    thankyou megan, sometimes I feel really strong to stop completely but then I just go back again, just dont seem to be able to cope with life in general. I'm sure you understand how that feels ? read some of your post and you seem to be struggling more than me. I am here to just talk if you don't want actual help if you just want to let it all out then this is what this board is for to talk to others like you and me who are struggling.

xx
    re

Hey *anna*,

Thanks for sharing how you are feeling with us here on the site. Sounds like a tough situation with your girlfriend. it also sounds like the self harming is wound up in the conflict your are feeling. As MeganM and Sade92 have suggested chatting to your girlfriend maybe the way forward. But also from what youve said your counselling is helping you build up the courage to empower yourself to do that.

Try not get too stressed with the self harming either you have made progress in reducing how much you do it and most importantly you have the will to change, so try and focus on that.

Take care and keep posting:wave:
    thankyou Garfield27

the reasurance and the help talking to you lot helps me more than you will ever know.

:)
    Im fine, i am not worse than you babe x

Are you good at dance, (im sure you are from some of your other posts you can sort of tell) have you won any awards or anything?? would love to know how great you are :):heart:

love you x
    re

Hey *Anna*,

Glad to here that the site has helped you and also for your contribution to helping others through your experience and strength.

keep posting whenever you need.
    :wave:
    I don't have any clever advice Anna just my thoughts and love.

Stay Strong
    Hugzz
    XX
    thankyou louise for your hugs and love :)

and Megan, yes I am a dancer and quite good at it but sometimes don't have the confidence to believe in myself, i sing too but there is just so much pressure on me to do well and thats why i have struggled. dancing is kind of a release from being angry but it also can make me angrier, its a weird situation. used to dance festivals and won a few trophies but in my eyes everyone is better than me. Thats why I have come on here to talk to other people to gain confidence to stand on my own two feet.

You keep strong megan, I relate to your post so much, and hope that you can stay strong, and soon be happy.

love u too x
    You are obviously REALLY good, and its a habit to see everyone better than yourself, i also sing but I dont think im that good.

I hope you get the confidence to believe in yourself because i believe in you (cheesy:razz: ) :)

Im trying to ignore all feelings at the minute so im alright for now until something happens x love you x
    yeh hopefully it will come. i am graduating this year so nervouse about that aswell coz I have to start auditioning for shows in london and stuff, very scarey!!!

thats good you sing coz it's a good way to take your mind off of things :)

I'm glad that you believe in me:) sometimes its good to ignore feelings...sometimes not. Sometimes i like being completely numb coz I feel nothing, do you know what I mean??

:heart::heart:
    yes i know exactly how that feels! x