Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The thing is, I really like this boy; the problem-he has a girlfriend!

Ok, so he is well known within my friends to be a bit of a player but we've been getting, what I think, really close lately. I know he's happy with his girlfriend because he tells me how much he loves her and how he has never felt like this before but he also has family problems that he talks to me about. For example, one time he sent me a text saying "Help me. I can't stop crying". I was, of course, really worried for him and we ended up having a really big heart-to-heart; but we've just gone back to normal now-laughing and joking together in our free times.

Now, I'm a very shy person with members of the opposite sex, unless i feel really comfortable with them i don't really communicate with them on a face-to-face basis. So he will like hug me (and other girls) but I won't reciprocate because i don't want to move the relationship into anywhere he doesn't want it to go.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking on here though; do you think this sort of relationship is healthy? the way he can be so close and open to me by text but distant when we're at school together. Do you think i should stop wasting my time on him and if so, how should i go about moving on?
Thank you. xxx

Comments

• Options
    Ok thank you. I will definitely try to detach myself from him, although the other guy thing could be a problem as none of them see me that way- I'm a bit of a geek and small, therefore, I'm generally ignored or mocked. :/
  • Options
    i will, i just really needed someone to tell me to-i havent told any of my friends because in the past it has been everywhere by the next day. So thank you. xxxx