Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Psoriasis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have Psoriasis and have had it since I was very little. It went away for a long time thankfully and then came back in a small patch under my eyebrows a few years ago, it wasn't big enough for me to bother seeing a doctor about since mosturizing helped. After that I got a bigger patch on my scalp and got some shampoo that worked. It seemed to have gone anyway until last week, the whole base of my neck is red raw and itching, I have booked a Dr's appointment but I wasn't able to get one this week. I have to wait till next tuesday! :grump:
So I was wondering it anyone knew anything I could do/put on it to stop the itching, it's driving me insane!. Its so sore and hot to touch, I am mosturizing it as often as I can to try and stop the skin flaking off as much and of course really trying not to scratch (I'm thinking of putting gloves on just to stop myself scratching it).

Comments

• Options
    My sisters suffer from it really badly and the only thing they have found to help is light treatment...they used everything baby oil baths, E45, Doublebase cream and Emmollient cream.
    The Dr may give you a corticosteroid cream to help and see how you go with that. Thats generally the first line of treatment.
  • Options
    I've had stuff before that's worked really well. .I'm just looking for something to tide me over this week before the Dr can give me some proper stuff.
  • Options
    Ohhh you poor thing that sounds really sore, you need to go to the chemist and get hold of some cream called diprobase i don't know how much it costs but you may be able to get a small tube until you see the doc, i know from experiance it works really well and will calm the itching and the redness over night, if you have been scrathing at it you could try some sudocream that will cool it down and bring some relief. Hopefully your doc will give you some dovobet this should clear it up in a few days although you will have to keep using every day or so as it will probably come back if you stop.
  • Options
    bw.jpg
    thgoatse_02-1.jpg
    Hello.jpg
    goatse_08-1.jpg
    goatse_19.jpg
    goatse_04.jpg
    04.jpg
    Nadja-0017-1.jpg
    eat-shit-blog.jpg
    FournierGangrene.jpg