Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Social Anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seem to suffer from this at work at times.

I begin to stammer,sweat,blush,feel hot and generally get a mess.

It can happen in other situations but it mainly happens at work.

Especially when i girl i like is in the room, its not just shyness/nerves- i physically find it difficult to communicate and want to leave as soon as i can.

Does anyone on here have any advice for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Take a deep breath first, it can help. It might help if you are able to have a convorsation with someone when they walk in, or just say hi to them to reasure yourself everything is fine? Maybe tell yourself at the start of the day you will speak to 2 people you don't normally, and then the next day 3. Set yourself mini goals, and make them achievable.
    Always have a bottle of water with you, because not only will this cool you down but it can give you an excuse to take some time out for a moment.
    Hope that helped!
    Xx
  • Options
    Hi! I can definitely understand what you are talking about. I have social anxiety problems as well. And work has been such a tough thing for me too.

Anyway, I've been getting better.

What has helped me the most is "Social Anxiety Anonymous" (they are a nonprofit organization) and they have free telephone conference call (and also local) support groups for help in overcoming social anxiety.

They have really good free reading material as well.