Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

LAN Party

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
currently at a friends house. 8 people here, getting more every minute :D ahhh, this will be fun ^^

Comments

• Options
    Just looked up a LAN party on urban dictionary:

A party where people bring their own computers, hook them up, and game all night long with eachother. Also involves mass comsumption of caffeine and junk food.

Have fun with that :yeees: Haha ;)
    Xx
  • Options
    LAN parties are awesome :yippe: :yum:
  • Options
    we ordered chinese and play 4v4 left 4 dead. Man, that's mass hysteria at it's finest. :D
  • Options
    Just looked up a LAN party on urban dictionary:

A party where people bring their own computers, hook them up, and game all night long with eachother. Also involves mass comsumption of caffeine and junk food.

Have fun with that :yeees: Haha ;)
    Xx

Thanks for that, I was wondering why you would be at a party posting on a website :p
  • Options
    oooh man, I want to do a LAN party, but I'm not quite geeky enough with PC games, and so therefore wouldn't fit in with the PC gamers in their hardcore-ness. Maybe I would have in my WoW days...
  • Options
    oooh man, I want to do a LAN party, but I'm not quite geeky enough with PC games, and so therefore wouldn't fit in with the PC gamers in their hardcore-ness. Maybe I would have in my WoW days...

I'd want to play networked Tetris....
  • Options

many of us aren't really gamers anymore, with their usual 9 to 5 job besides studying, but it's funny to indulge in some nerdcore every now and then (last lanparty was 3 years back). Just got up and sitting in a flat that looks like a bomb went off here, after playing till 6.30 am :p This will be the last day for me anyway, but it was fun ^^
  • Options
    nerdgasm
  • Options
    Currently got about 50 here.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Currently got about 50 here.

LIES.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    LIES.

fragsoc.co.uk ;)
  • Options
    You.Are.All.So.Lame.
    Xx
  • Options
    I've never been to an official one like the "i" series, but me and uni housemates did some all-night Age of Empires II back in year 2000. Those were the days.

I hope some more on here will agree that AOEII was the best multiplayer game that ever existed.
  • Options
    Meanwhile my eyes burn and i have a headache -_- This has to stop tomorrow before i turn into a computer
  • Options
    Pffff,

A real LAN party last's longer than "the night", actually 2 days plus. Has caffine secondary to copious amounts of alcohol and nobody REALLY plays any games, just pisses about on them.
  • Options
    Pffff,

A real LAN party last's longer than "the night", actually 2 days plus. Has caffine secondary to copious amounts of alcohol and nobody REALLY plays any games, just pisses about on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IUd5fJ67c

Probably not so much alcohol as something to clean your retainer with :p
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5IUd5fJ67c

Probably not so much alcohol as something to clean your retainer with :p

Using South Park as an actual example hints a lot.

Though really, a propper lan party takes place in one room - everyone brings their body weight in ale and you just end up drinking and having a laugh. The most you do on a computer is mabye some Friendly fire on some internet random who has a microphone and is willing to scream at (entertain) you on CS or somthing inherently nerdy like that.

Otherwise it's music, booze and pissing about on the internet. Like a flat party, but in a flat with enough computers for an internet cafe which inevitably becomes a subtle detail you end up ignoring.
  • Options
    Oh no, somebody made a joke about another persons passtime and thus needs to be justified!! :crying: :p

... and that was a good episode of south park and deserves to be referenced whenever possible. :D
    It is that episode that really brings Randy Marsh to the forefront of South Park entertainment. Underrated but probably the best character.
  • Options
    Oh no, somebody made a joke about another persons passtime and thus needs to be justified!! :crying: :p

... and that was a good episode of south park and deserves to be referenced whenever possible. :D

:yum:
  • Options

It is that episode that really brings Randy Marsh to the forefront of South Park entertainment. Underrated but probably the best character.

Mate, I like south park.
  • Options
    So do I!
  • Options
    So do I!

Oh my g-d we have so much in common! Lets have sex :thumb:

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Only if you can invite me to a LAN party and I can sit in the corner drinking other peoples liquore because I probably brought something cheap and shitty that I threw in the freezer really quickly so nobody could see what I brought and play super lame non-shooting games like the sims and be the weird outcast who nobody is quite sure who invited me. Once that situation has arisen, arose... you'd think knowning only one language, I'd be good at it... then we are good to go :flirt:
  • Options
    Only if you can invite me to a LAN party and I can sit in the corner drinking other peoples liquore because I probably brought something cheap and shitty that I threw in the freezer really quickly so nobody could see what I brought and play super lame non-shooting games like the sims and be the weird outcast who nobody is quite sure who invited me. Once that situation has arisen, arose... you'd think knowning only one language, I'd be good at it... then we are good to go :flirt:

Bring the smirnoff, I'll bring the tolstoy. You bring the MW2 and I'll bring Modern fighting quest 2008. You bring the ego, I'll bring the equalizer.

You're at a LAN party. You fucking nerd, I suppose an outcast at a LAN party - is actually quite eviable in a social conext - because he obviously has nothing in common with any other there.

But we're lan party brothers. Eh? Still my night was cheaper. :)
  • Options
    Smirnoff? What, am I made of money? I bring the skol... have you got that there? I pray that you don't... a little dry heave comes at the mere thought of it. I got so lost on the other things to bring. :crying: I have a Lion King Picture Studio thing that's so old it came on 3 floppy disks, can I bring that?
  • Options
    I have a Lion King Picture Studio thing that's so old it came on 3 floppy disks, can I bring that?

Please do, we can make use of your ancient anal peripheral and turn you into something useful.
  • Options
    Yay I think but I saw the word anal and am scared now. You'll have to teach me some LAN lingo first.
  • Options
    Yay I think but I saw the word anal and am scared now.

Oh dear... Poor. I think this is over :rolleyes:

Still, I enjoyed playing this little piss-take. I've never attended a LAN party in my life, and don't care to. Though, if they involved a 2 day piss up - I'm game.

Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    Thats ok, I enjoyed you're attempt at being rude... doesn't work well when the other person is toasted as there is no such thing as rude then, all fun! ;)
  • Options
    Thats ok, I enjoyed you're attempt at being rude... doesn't work well when the other person is toasted ;)

You can't be rude on the internet. The internet is a big joke. Anyone is anyone, but nobody is themself really. We all paint our own ideal self online, or we act completely out of character. It's a playground. Being "rude" is non-issue because you dont represent your true self. You think I speak the way I type online? You're certain you speak the way you type online?

Nah.

It's a grand pisstake. It's the people who take it seriously (the internet) that need due concern. It's irrelevent, because in 90% of cases, it's someone talking to a complete stranger, geographically nil and relatively socially unknown. At the same time, completely anyonomous effectively. A blank canvas, to some a vent, to others a fantasy existence. You know nobody behind any text, email, webcam or text message.

If you take that seriously. Oh dear.